Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Been doing alot of searching on my next bike I will be buying, been looking since Oct, 2010. It came down between the HD Street glide, Victory CC, Yamaha Strat. Deluxe and the Kawasaki Vaquero. I liked all four bikes for different reasons and could have been happy riding either one. My decision came down to value for what you get and anyway I looked at it the Kawasaki won.. You guys have a great forum and have provided me with lots of great reading.. Enjoy your rides and hope to see you on the open roads.
I ordered the black one and get it first week of April:)

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
Been doing alot of searching on my next bike I will be buying, been looking since Oct, 2010. It came down between the HD Street glide, Victory CC, Yamaha Strat. Deluxe and the Kawasaki Vaquero. I liked all four bikes for different reasons and could have been happy riding either one. My decision came down to value for what you get and anyway I looked at it the Kawasaki won.. You guys have a great forum and have provided me with lots of great reading.. Enjoy your rides and hope to see you on the open roads.
I ordered the black one and get it first week of April:)
Neat. Glad to hear you've done your homework. Keep that bull tamed, cowboy! cheers

·
Registered
223 Posts
Just curious where you are located? If it is a warm/hot weather location, you are going to realize the heat that the 1700 throws off when the fan kicks in. I can understand your decision. I had a 2009 Kawi Nomad 1700. They are value for the buck. But after a friend of mine got a XC & I saw the performance, and the fuel mileage, I traded for a 2010 XC also. Hope you enjoy it and ride safe.

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Hopefully before you signed the paperwork you took all the bikes on your list out for a test ride and read the comparisons (just about every major motorcycle magazine has done them).

Comparisons would have told you that a couple of the bikes on your list will out run the CC but won't out handle it. One of the bikes on your list will cost you a fortune for maintenance. None of the bikes on your list have the cargo capacity or the suspension travel that the CC has. A couple of the bikes are extremely heavy and have uncomfortable seating.

The Vaquero is a nice looking bike and I'm sure you will be happy with it.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Hopefully before you signed the paperwork you took all the bikes on your list out for a test ride and read the comparisons (just about every major motorcycle magazine has done them).

Comparisons would have told you that a couple of the bikes on your list will out run the CC but won't out handle it. One of the bikes on your list will cost you a fortune for maintenance. None of the bikes on your list have the cargo capacity or the suspension travel that the CC has. A couple of the bikes are extremely heavy and have uncomfortable seating.

The Vaquero is a nice looking bike and I'm sure you will be happy with it.
Like I said I have reasearched since oct, bet there is not one article or comparo I have not read, GOOGLE is your friend for this things. I raced sport bikes for 7 years so Im sure none of the handling on these bikes will impress me. This will be my 14th new bike, my last 3 being HD bikes. Kawasaki alos has the best warrany for 36 months, I also get a new bike every 2 years. Maintanance will not cost a fortune, I do my own. Cargo space was not in my decision, my first bagger so I never had any. Suspension travel on the Kaeasaki was 3 inches with air shocks. Like I said it all came down to VALUE. I got the Kaasaki from my dealer for 14,500, MSRP is 16,499 Could not pass on the deal.. Sure I would have Loved the CC, maybe in 2 years.. Enjoy your rides and Thanks.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Glad you made your decision. Stick to your guns.
Now start looking for the accessories you want.

Keep the shinny side up.
Maybe we run into you 1 day

dd

·
Registered
154 Posts
Like dirtdobber said, good for you, did your research and made your decision. Hey, it is your bike, get out and enjoy it. I had a kaw 1500ccNomad, 2000. It was a great bike with no issues in about 60K miles that I owned it. I checked out the one you bought at the Victory dealeer the other day, they sell Kaws too. Looks good to me and Kaw is a reliable bike. Speaking of heat off the motor, the wifes Vision would cook your leg to medium rare off the rear cylinder pipe. No big deal, some Baker Air Wings and pulling a couple heat shields, wrapping the pipe and putting it back together made a world of difference.

Hope to see you on the road, old guy with a white beard and white XC. Should be easy to pick out-and I will be wearing jeans!!!!

·
Registered
79 Posts
new bike

the vaq will be a good bike for you. all big V Twins give off losts of heat. stick with your choice and enjoy the hell out of it. there is no perfect bike.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Nice looking ride. I went out of curiosity to my local dealer today to check it out. I couldn't start it up cause none of the bikes on the floor have batteries in them. So I couldn't hear it.

I like the front fairing and the small amount of lower wind protection. I didn't like the bags, and the plastic on the tank. I did however like the two compartments in the fairing. I wish the CC had that small but useful storage (Phone, wallet, garage door opener)

Seems like decent bike. I wonder how she rides. Keep us posted.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
THANKS for all your replies! I will keep you posted on the ride and the handling of the bike.. Like I said I love the victory bikes and someday might own one.. Not even going to go into the nasty comments I got on the HD forum when I said I was buying the Kawasaki, guess their brand is all that matters to them. Enjoy your 2 wheels:)

·
Administrator
5,988 Posts
... Not even going to go into the nasty comments I got on the HD forum when I said I was buying the Kawasaki, guess their brand is all that matters to them.
It might boil down to the fact that angry people can't be happy. On the Victory side, I see riders who smile and are sociable. On the HD side, I see a lot of grumpy faces (not all, but a lot of them). Is it just me, or have others noticed this as well?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Nice looking bike! Enjoy it!

·
Registered
12,326 Posts
It might boil down to the fact that angry people can't be happy. On the Victory side, I see riders who smile and are sociable. On the HD side, I see a lot of grumpy faces (not all, but a lot of them). Is it just me, or have others noticed this as well?
How can one be happy when they are compelled to spend their time defending a product and a life style that they know in their hearts is not up to the quality they profess it to be.

·
Registered
396 Posts
nice looking bike,back in the day i rode a kawasaki
and had no issues with it. see you on the road.thumb up

1 - 17 of 17 Posts