Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone, my new Country just came in dance 1 !! I got the white with trunk. The day I decided to get this was one to behold. I went on a demo ride one morning and never felt a bike so smooth, balanced with great fitment! My Harley buddy wanted me to go over to the H.D. dealer to see them... off we go. I rode 3 of them and it just didn't compare, to his dismay :D.
I'm putting my wish list together before the season starts. My first big decision is the exhaust ~~~. I love the sound of RPW in youtube, but you can't really get a sense of sound unless outside. My dealer is pushing Lloyds and they do sound good and the performance is increased. I would appreciate any of your experiences with Lloyds and others for the CX. Yea, I know it has a lot to do with personal preference, but being a noob to Victory, I need a little more insight.
Thanks for your input and I'll keep you posted wac .

·
Registered
336 Posts
CONGRATS thumb up I am shocked the HD Dealership let you ride any much less three! My HD dealership would barley let you set on the bikes.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Oh ya you asked about exhaust... :crzy:

RPW - Lloydz - Arlen Ness - DD - Dealership customs like I got from Victory of Southern MD (they are on YouTube too)

Thats about it as far as I know unless you wanna save 500 bucks and mod them yourself. There is another thread about this.

Good luck and let us know what you decided.

·
Registered
243 Posts
CONGRATS thumb up I am shocked the HD Dealership let you ride any much less three! My HD dealership would barley let you set on the bikes.
My experinece with the Harley Dealership was quite the opposite....they were almost pushing me to ride it. In fact in the Birmingham market, Victory and Harley were the only dealers that allow you to test ride a bike. The Honda dealership and the Yamaha dealership will not allow it.

·
Registered
336 Posts
My experinece with the Harley Dealership was quite the opposite....they were almost pushing me to ride it. In fact in the Birmingham market, Victory and Harley were the only dealers that allow you to test ride a bike. The Honda dealership and the Yamaha dealership will not allow it.
That's great! The only time my dealership will allow rides is when the demo days are going down.

I can understand why dealership do this. I think you have more tire kickers on a weekend at the bike shops then you do at car dealerships. Shoot I would be one too! If I had a chance to ride a new or different bike at some of the stops along a poker run, I would! I could not guess the amount of miles that would be put on a bike with guys like me! So I do not fault them for it.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Topic...

Okay my comrades, let's keep on topic here (maybe I'm in the wrong forum?), I wanna KNOW about exhaust for my bike. As for the input... H.D. will let you ride if you mention "I BEEN LOOKING AT VICTORY", their eyes change position quickly :(, and try to sell u one. I need input opinions for exhaust experiences. Can't seem to find a good link..etc., for this. RPW has them, Lloyds is not on You-tube for sound, and the only link I find is from their site which is not opinionated :rolleyes:. I need Victory Country riders collaboration.
Also, specs. and enhancments for the exhaust is appreciated :cool:.

·
Registered
528 Posts
Be patient grasshopper
Spring is not that far away. Go to hang outs and have a listen, may take a while but you will hear the ones ya really want.
1 of the biggest disappointments some have is buying pipes without listening to them first. Sound clips is good up to a point. Take your time, it doesn't take long to change a set of mufflers.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Okay my comrades, let's keep on topic here (maybe I'm in the wrong forum?), I wanna KNOW about exhaust for my bike. As for the input... H.D. will let you ride if you mention "I BEEN LOOKING AT VICTORY", their eyes change position quickly :(, and try to sell u one. I need input opinions for exhaust experiences. Can't seem to find a good link..etc., for this. RPW has them, Lloyds is not on You-tube for sound, and the only link I find is from their site which is not opinionated :rolleyes:. I need Victory Country riders collaboration.
Also, specs. and enhancments for the exhaust is appreciated :cool:.

Your right, staying focused ;)

The vision has been out a little longer. Do a search for Vision exhaust, the bikes are built on the same frame. It is only a matter of time that the same guys making slip on mufflers for Vision will be doing the same for the Cross bikes.

That said I have to agree. The ONLY reason I purchased my dealership's in house pipes is cuz I heard them on another bike. No video does pipes justice due to mics that are not designed for this type of use.

If you are going with performance in mind and do not care about a particular sound.... You really can not go wrong with Lloydz! The guy really knows what he is doing. Do search any place on the net and you will see he is praised. He also puts his work on the line by seating a new record at the salt flats with a Victory! If you are wanting any kind of dyno numbers I am sure Lloyd would send you something if you gave him a call.

Good luck

·
Premium Member
13,061 Posts

·
Registered
566 Posts
I couldn't find a price on their website. What do they charge to core and reweld a new baffle in? Also; where are they located?
+1 here! Very interested.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts