Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I decided I would try the newest version of the Horndawg Tank Bib and so far I am very pleased with it. It has a nice sized pocket that will fit several things.

The quality on these bibs is excellent.

Honestly, I prefer the PLAIN bib on my bike, but I am leaving the pocket bib on just to see how much I actually use it...but at least now I have a CHOICE.

NOTE: I do not work for or KNOW the Horndawg Leather people. My review is strictly my opinion.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
I like how it looks on your XCT. Seems to flow nicely with the seat. What type of material is on the underside of the bib?

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Dave it is soft whatever it is...LOL

It is also a "heavy" bib as in heavy and won't rip or tear easily. VERY durable.

They also "seal" the edges of the bib, I assume so debris will have a harder time getting under it (although that will always happen.

·
Premium Member
243 Posts
I like that

·
Premium Member
562 Posts
That's very nice. I wonder if they are all custom made or off the shelf? I'd like to see if they'd make me one with white stitching to match the seat on my CR L.E.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I believe (but don't quote me)...they are EACH handmade.

Here is Horndawg's email address: [email protected]

Put the email to the attention of Roy. Tell him Wally sent ya!! :rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
562 Posts

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Here is Roy's email at Horndawg Leather...email him and he will give you a price: [email protected]

·
Registered
261 Posts
Be a great place for the garage door opener and a few dollars for the drive through

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
An iPhone fits in there really well too. I don't know if I will keep mine in there, but I did try it and it fits perfectly.

Right now the only thing I will definitely have in there are some plastic lid covers (to put over my GPS) for when it rains. :)

·
Registered
352 Posts
That is exactly what I'm lookin for for my v92c!! I thought they used to make them for my bike but thus far no luck, I'll have to email this guy and see if he can work one out for me

·
Registered
383 Posts
That is exactly what I was looking for also, but received an email back and $212.00 bucks is a bit much for my blood. Think I will have to pass, never seen a 200.00 piece of leather that small. Does look nice though. I really do wish the aftermarket was good for Vics so that what is out there wasn't gold plated.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
That is exactly what I was looking for also, but received an email back and $212.00 bucks is a bit much for my blood. Think I will have to pass, never seen a 200.00 piece of leather that small. Does look nice though. I really do wish the aftermarket was good for Vics so that what is out there wasn't gold plated.
I hear what you're saying and money doesn't grow on trees, but this isn't some POS kuryakyn, made in china plastic bling. It's hand made in the USA and you get what you pay for. :)

I've never owned anything from this vendor, so I don't have a dog in this fight, but after looking at their site and all the detailed photos the craftsmanship, IMO, is top-shelf.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I must apologize. I had bought another bib from Horndawg Leather that I asked them to CUSTOMIZE for me...which they did, and they did the bib exactly like I wanted. EXCELLENT CRAFTSMANSHIP!!

When they designed this new bib, they emailed me and offered me their FIRST bib at a reduced rate because 1) I had ordered from them before, 2) I had offered some minor suggestions and adjustments and finally 3) I had no problem letting others see and hear about my experience and satisfaction with their product.

This bib is $200 + shipping. It is worth the money if a leather tank bib is what you are wanting (instead of one that covers the entire tank)...

Craftsmanship of leather, metal working, welding, wood working are becoming lost arts because most people aren't willing to pay for the personalized custom work that goes into these products...And because of this, you'll see more and more of these guys (and girls) disappearing and at some point...work like this won't exist.

I have no affiliation with HDL, I don't know them, I've never seen them. My only communication has been through emails...I asked for something and was EXTREMELY PLEASED with the product I received.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I agree, the product looks great and craftmanship looks great as well. I wasn't saying it wasn't worth it, I was saying I probably wouldn't pay that for it. No doubt if I was getting this product it would come from this place. I still might, but it aint gonna be in the next day or two....lol

1 - 17 of 17 Posts