Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Screw all of the anti,po-po.
Now your president says we can't let a dicktaster control free speech???
ASSHOLE!!!!!
HE WANTS TO SHUT DOWN FOX NEWS!!!!!!

Attachments

·
Registered
12,202 Posts
....and pull your pants up.

·
Registered
12,202 Posts
No, they are easier to catch when they can't run fast, because they have to hold up their pants
You're so right...I've seen those videos on Cops too.:ltr::ltr:

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My guess would be that "they" are the thugs of America.

·
Registered
16 Posts
For people who pride themselves on being freedom-loving individualists, Americans sure seem to admire authoritarianism.

That shirt implies that if you break the law, it's acceptable for police officers to kill you.

It's not.

What's acceptable is for police officers to arrest you (using proportionate but not excessive force if you resist), and to charge you with an offence if they believe there's enough evidence.

You might expect to hear "do what I say or I'll kill you" from a mugger. It shouldn't be standard procedure for officers of the law.

I'm all in favour of law and order, and a quiet peaceable society. The alternative sucks. But a culture in which people are scared of police officers and obey them unquestioningly for fear of death or injury?

Is that really what you want?

·
Registered
12,202 Posts
I'm all in favour of law and order, and a quiet peaceable society. The alternative sucks. But a culture in which people are scared of police officers and obey them unquestioningly for fear of death or injury? Is that really what you want?
Its not what we want and its not what we have. 30,000 airliners land safely in the US daily, but so you ever hear about those on the news? I have no idea of how many police/citizen "transactions" occur here daily, maybe hundreds of thousands, but do you hear about the ones that went without incident? The two incidents that made the news involved men with very long police records and the involved cops knew them well and both resisted. There are many other mitigating circumstances, including many guilty of inciting to riot--the liberal press and media, our Attorney General and President among them. So don't preach to us Gromit...Those who live in glass houses shouldn't throw stones, my mama said.

·
Registered
16 Posts
I'm sure most interactions between the public and police in your country are non-confrontational and professional.

But it's the difficult cases that throw people's and organisations' attitudes into sharp relief, and that shirt is an interesting response to recent events.

It doesn't say: 'we're here to protect you - we're all human beings and sometimes we get things wrong but if we do we work to fix it'.

To me it says: 'there's us and there's you, if you do what we say you won't get hurt'.

That's a pretty scary message, but there seems to be some support for it. Which is why I asked if that was really the sort of society you guys want.

·
Registered
12,202 Posts
Gromit, you are assuming a helluva lot in your last post. You assume that shirt is police attire; you assume the message on it is hostile; and you assume that post is going to silence me. Wrong, wrong wrong! I have no idea about the origin of that shirt (and neither do you) but to me and many others, it imparts a message similar to what mothers tell their kids--be good and you will stay out of trouble. The only people who would be upset about that shirt would be habitual lawbreakers and their sympathizers, such as you.
You hit a nerve Gromit...like New York, I live in a gawdam liberal city where the mayor not only condoned the anti police demonstrations, but encouraged them. So we have had to put up with that harassment for more than a month. He even had a two hour meeting with them at city hall and told them they had every reason to fear the police. That's crap and I for one am exceedingly upset about that one sided official attitude and you are not helping with your liberal gibberish.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Wow. Why would I want to silence you?

And what on earth makes you think I sympathize with "habitual lawbreakers"?

I've no interest in having an online argument on a motorcycle forum. Have a great Christmas.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
To me , all that shirt says is don't break the law , and you don't have to worry about doing something STUPID and getting yourself a PoPo beatdown , tased , or worse . The worst offence I have ever had was speeding . Many times too . But , because I keep my hands on the wheel and the only words out of my mouth is "Im sorry" I have had very few tickets over the years . IMHO , you have to be a F%^king idiot , to get yourself shot by a police officer . Ill take ten of those shirts please , they will make great Christmas gifts . :p

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
:D
It doesn't say: 'we're here to protect you - we're all human beings and sometimes we get things wrong but if we do we work to fix it'.

To me it says: 'there's us and there's you, if you do what we say you won't get hurt'.
If a 160lb police officer is being charged by a 300lb man with bad intentions , he has every right to shoot first and ask questions later . Police cant protect you , they can respond to a call after an incident has occurred , this is one of the reasons our 2ND amendment and the right to carry a gun is so important to the people . I rely on myself for protection , not the police , because really , they are never there when you need them . But , when I'm doing 80 in a 65 , they seem to be everywhere ...:D

·
Registered
16 Posts
I think this discussion should take place over an ample number of beers and a good meal. If you or RICZ are ever in the neighborhood, drop by and I'll be happy to oblige!

I figure if you only ever talk to people who agree with you, you're unlikely to learn anything. But unfortunately, discussing contentious topics online often generates more heat than light.

Life's too short for that. I wish you and yours a happy and safe festive season and New Year. :)

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Gromit , same to you Brother cheers I'm not mad , heated or otherwise , simply commenting . Merry Christmas to you and your family !

·
Premium Member
40 Posts
Policemen are only human, yes they go thru training to handle lawbreaker but have any of ya'll had to try an control anyone with a gun? My father was a police officer for over 25 years, my family didn't know if he would come home every night. I think most officers are hard working trying to do good things and yea some are total dicks. Merry Christmas and Happy New year to all.

·
Registered
257 Posts
In the business I used to manage, I had a saying to my employees. "If everybody is thinking alike, then nobody is thinking". I always encouraged free thought and because of it the business did well. The same principle applies to this forum. cheers

1 - 20 of 32 Posts