Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Gone now but not forgotten...hand fabricated by a good mate with a passion for motorcycles and the old S.O.H.C. Honda 4's
Subtle frame mods to get the seating and tank lower and still have rear shocks (Koni's)
810cc kitted engine with period custom touches, Ramflo filters, lumpy cam, home made exhaust, XS1100 front end with Honda front wheel and 16" Hog wheel out back, fenders bobbed, donkey dick tail light.
All Rodneys work except the paintwork I did.
This bike did everything right and the riding position on my current Vegas is very similar....Vegas got tons more grunt but!:devil

errr lets see if I can sort these old pix

Attachments

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
not the best pic, lets see if I can find more.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,333 Posts
Nicely done. Personally I love bikes that are hand built to be more than they were from the factory. Nice mods.

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts
Good mate, it is nice to see a well restored bike used and ready to go ...

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
In its time; the CB 750 was badass. Bet this one was fun to ride.
Thanks BBob, BP6666VR, and Joe,
Yeah mine certainly had a some respect in its time.
I took out the 'Best Jap' Trophy with it at a 1% club Poker Run here on the Gold Coast in 2005.
Just dug out the dusty trophy to check the year.
Got favourable comments everywhere I rode...seems every man and his dog started out as a biker on a 750/4.
Any yeah it was a lot of fun to ride, used to ride my 2 daughters around the factory yard here on it when they were only a coupla years old.
Did untold and unknown miles on the old girl...unknown cos like a true bobber it had nothing uneccessary like a speedo:devil
or blinkers or chainguard or horn. No idiot lights neither.
The home-made 4-2 exhaust didn't have much in the way of baffles in the exhaust and emitted the howl that could only be a 750/4 !!!

·
Premium Member
6,199 Posts

·
Registered
4,078 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Honda....must be

·
Super Moderator
5,035 Posts
VERY cool to bad you don't still have it.

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks Vin, yeah it was fun and had lots of mods, a real one off.
Sold to a dude down in Melbourne who tried to get it registered for road use down there and went through all the normal channels.
Had stuff fitted for legals, blinkers speedo, chainguard, horn. Silly Maltese cross mirrors etc.
Saw it advertised again in that guise, my guess is the authorities vetoed it for frame mods and the dude got cold feet.
Never seen it since, hope someones loving it.
If I saw it come up cheap Id buy it back and get it licensed myself.
At the time I needed money to complete a build on an old 351 Cleveland V8 for a car Id built up.
Wanted it all done properly with the right internals and all balanced and professionally assembled.
Sometimes we have to make sacrifices.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts