Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A little over a year ago it was absolute DREAM to buy a new 2009 Indian Chief.. Well my dreams came true and bought one last summer (to the tune of 30k, OUCH!). The dream lasted for 2 months before it was so defunct that Kings Mountain wanted it sent back to their facility to do an overhaul on it. Well long story short a month ago, I couldnt take any more and sold it and bought a Victory just days after Vic bought Indian.. Wise choice!

Bought a new 2010 Cross Roads, and LOVIN IT! Its 180 degrees of from the Indian and I smile ear to ear every single time I get on it.

I just have one thing though I wish were a bit different, and wanted to get a different take on it. Not to sound pedily, as everyone could find one little thing to bitch about, but mine is the gas fill nozzle.

I noticed that I cant stick the gas nozzle into the bike and pull the handle and let her fly. The nozzle barely makes it into the fill hole and if I give it anything short of a tiny little squeeze, gas will splatter all over the tank.

Am I missing something, or is there some super awesome aftermarket accessory I can buy to put the nozzle in, and set the fill holder thing on the handle and just watch the dollar signs fly on the pump?

Like I said AWESOME BIKE and lovin it! There are 10,000 things I love, but this is the one thing I would maybe like to see Victory improve on. I mean come on, if all a dude is bitching about is that he cant pull the nozzle into the tank and set the gas fill holder, its an awesome bike!

·
Registered
74 Posts
You just have to work on gassing it at the right angle. I try to shoot it towards the side of tank, not straight into it.

·
Registered
356 Posts
There's definitely a few tricks when it comes to gassing up the Cross bikes. Here's what I do.

- Park with the pump on my right side
- Turn handlebars all the way to the left
- Open gas cap
- Stick key in driver backrest slot (very convenient)
- Do the CC transaction
- Grab a paper towel to hold under nozzle in case gas drips on tank
- Insert gas pump and hold it with the tip pointing at my knee.
- Gas it up full blast
- When pump kicks off, manually fill the rest of the way until it's up to the top of the small hole.
- Lock the gas cap back up.
- Calculate mileage, curse myself for hotrodding too much, and reset trip meter 1.
- Start bike and empty another tank with a big :) on my face.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
- Stick key in driver backrest slot (very convenient)
What's is a "driver backrest slot"? Do you mean the place where the driver backrest would go IF you bought that accessory? Or are you talking about something else?

I leave my key in the gas tank cover while filling. Why bother taking it out? Seems the most convenient to me but I am always willing to learn what your talking about.

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
What's is a "driver backrest slot"? Do you mean the place where the driver backrest would go IF you bought that accessory? Or are you talking about something else?

I leave my key in the gas tank cover while filling. Why bother taking it out? Seems the most convenient to me but I am always willing to learn what your talking about.
I agree with all of bryman's steps except I'm left confused by the same one as ndabunka: why do you stick the key where the sun don't shine?

krmiller01, look for the sweet spot, and you fill find it. I splattered gas too on my first few fill-ups, but found the right angle, and now I'm a total pro - not one drop of gas spilled!

·
Registered
356 Posts
Ah, sorry to confuse. I take the key out and put it in the backrest slot because I have a keychain on it and am paranoid about scratching the paint ;)

·
Premium Member
13,303 Posts
I just gas from the left side and angle the nozzle to the right a little. It's a little more difficult when I fill up in CA where you have to pull the foreskin back to get it to go. Kinda like a big 'ole penis.

Too much information? :D

1 - 9 of 9 Posts