Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
That's not the worst of it, either: I was standing behind the bike when it happened, and I got scuffed along the pavement with the bike, also, and then I was run over by the truck! (That was 2 months and many broken bones ago -- I am healing, but the bike needs help!)

These are the parts the shop can't seem to find: trunk latches and lid (lid may be salvageable/repairable if it can't be located)….. RH saddle bag lid, and emblem ..... Both front and rear crash bars ...... Upper Fairing inner and outer pieces (RH lower fairing sustained the worst of the damage and if available standalone that may be all that is needed.)

I am not a mechanic, just posting this for my shop in case somebody can help me figure out where to find these items. Bike is in Oregon, and is black in color. Thanks for any suggestions.

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
3,763 Posts
All available from Polaris.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
I assume you are working through insurance. The parts are not cheap but available new.

You can also check Facebook sale groups, eBay, and whatever vicwerks calls himself now he's constantly parting out bikes again. Those will be less than Polaris pricing.

Trunk lid is your oddball item that you might have to buy new, but there are damaged trunks for sale all the time you might get lucky.

Fairing outer I bought new few years ago. There have been inner for sale recently. Hard lowers were a common used part but the guy that was selling those off bikes passed away.

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
If I remember rite, once it gets to like 60% of retail they total it. In this case $4900 in parts and labor wipes it out. Last time I saw a trunk for sale it was close to 2k. So it aint looking pretty, add in about $80-100 hour labor you see where this is going.

Reactions: IndyVictory

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
If I remember rite, once it gets to like 60% of retail they total it. In this case $4900 in parts and labor wipes it out. Last time I saw a trunk for sale it was close to 2k. So it aint looking pretty, add in about $80-100 hour labor you see where this is going.
70% but some states like Illinois go 75%.

I was paid out 69.5% of my value for my accident.
Bought mix of new and used parts. No issues finding anything including my brand new factory painted fairing.

·
Premium Member
1,075 Posts
I arranged with my insurance agency for a insured price of $20k

·
Registered
1,425 Posts
WOW I am pretty sure mine wouldn't give me that for my 2500 dodge PU

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
I arranged with my insurance agency for a insured price of $20k
Isn't that costing you extra?

I have I think $2000 added equipment or something like that which is supposed to get paid out if totalled, I think... I need to read on that again.

·
Registered
3,763 Posts
Suitcase latches.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I have a 2012 xct, black for sale. Asking $15 k but as a victory rider I'll take $13k if you are interested. You could then part yours out and ride this month. Reason for my selling is leg issues.

Mike....bummer for both of us.

419 345 2878...ohio

·
Registered
9 Posts
That's not the worst of it, either: I was standing behind the bike when it happened, and I got scuffed along the pavement with the bike, also, and then I was run over by the truck! (That was 2 months and many broken bones ago -- I am healing, but the bike needs help!)

These are the parts the shop can't seem to find: trunk latches and lid (lid may be salvageable/repairable if it can't be located)….. RH saddle bag lid, and emblem ..... Both front and rear crash bars ...... Upper Fairing inner and outer pieces (RH lower fairing sustained the worst of the damage and if available standalone that may be all that is needed.)

I am not a mechanic, just posting this for my shop in case somebody can help me figure out where to find these items. Bike is in Oregon, and is black in color. Thanks for any suggestions.
Any motorcycle salvage shops near you? Out on east coast, Green's Motorcycle Salvage in Millwood, Kentucky. Also, try Victory forums. Found my "new" saddle bags in Michigan. Very reasonable price including the frames. Jackie Car

1 - 16 of 16 Posts