Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After taking vacation this week to do nothing but ride witch I did for 3 outta the 4 days off i had.1st ride was 225 mi to the quabbin resevoir in mass. very nice ride. ride num 2 was a great 303.5 mi day on the mohawk trail also in mass.will not look at that state the same again. the western part of that state is beautifull with many more roads to explore.my 3rd ride was to new hampshire kangamangus highway. awesome! from there a bud and i headed n conway for a road he heard about from a friend of his called hurricane mountain rd.what a crazy road that is..but that is where it ended.to my dissmay i totaled my bike 2 mins from the end of this road and was about to head home for the day.i made it out with some pretty good bruising pretty sore all over but i had my tour master jacket,helmet and jeans on thankfully and the hand of god guiding me between 2 trees about 8 ft apart.wide right or left i probably wouldnt be typing this.not sure whats going to happen with the bike. if its fixable be riding next season if not ins will pay it off and i will have to wait till i can get yet another bike.i will probably be in and out of the site but probably not have too much to say.i want to thank everyone for the advice i did get on the post i put up.this site is very informative and full of nice fellow riders.ride safe people.oh yeah although beat up really good she still starts and is not leakin any fluids.. gotta love victory.cheers

·
Registered
130 Posts
Daaaamn. Sorry to hear your season's over, Bud. Thank God it's only the ride that's totaled. Hope your back aboard next year!

·
13,177 Posts
Sorry! am happy you didn't hurt the three trees. Just kidding.
Let the insurance company total it. You'll be way happier and you can find another one.
Have faith

·
Registered
383 Posts
Glad you are ok. Seasons and nikes come and go, a life gone is gone forever. Live to ride another day. Again, glad YOU are ok.

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
After taking vacation this week to do nothing but ride witch I did for 3 outta the 4 days off i had.1st ride was 225 mi to the quabbin resevoir in mass. very nice ride. ride num 2 was a great 303.5 mi day on the mohawk trail also in mass.will not look at that state the same again. the western part of that state is beautifull with many more roads to explore.my 3rd ride was to new hampshire kangamangus highway. awesome! from there a bud and i headed n conway for a road he heard about from a friend of his called hurricane mountain rd.what a crazy road that is..but that is where it ended.to my dissmay i totaled my bike 2 mins from the end of this road and was about to head home for the day.i made it out with some pretty good bruising pretty sore all over but i had my tour master jacket,helmet and jeans on thankfully and the hand of god guiding me between 2 trees about 8 ft apart.wide right or left i probably wouldnt be typing this.not sure whats going to happen with the bike. if its fixable be riding next season if not ins will pay it off and i will have to wait till i can get yet another bike.i will probably be in and out of the site but probably not have too much to say.i want to thank everyone for the advice i did get on the post i put up.this site is very informative and full of nice fellow riders.ride safe people.oh yeah although beat up really good she still starts and is not leakin any fluids.. gotta love victory.cheers
Whatever you do, do not buy a '12! The '04 was lost in a flood, the '08 was lost between trees, a '12 could be strike three. Get a lucky '13!

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Glad to hear you made it out ok. You only have one body but you can replace or repair the bike.

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Glad your ok bud! Leave it to SB to point out statistics. I would get an 11 VV if it comes to that. Stay in touch and remember winter is a buyers market

·
Registered
1,208 Posts
Man. When you go brother you go big.
I lived in New England off and on for thirty odd years and rode motorcycle all of them. There's too many cow paths to ride every one but I have tried. I can say this unequivocally...

There is every other road in New Hampshire and then there's Hurricane. Every bike is an adventure bike on Hurricane. Not long, not fast, not maintained worth a damn and it's got teeth. I used to tell my buds that after retirement I was going to park a wrecker at the foot of Hurricane and make my money scraping bikes off the woods. Problem is you can't hardly drive a wrecker across it. You aren't the first to go ass over teakettle on that little slice of heaven and gratefully you fared quite a bit better than many. The good news is nobody ever had a high speed impact up there. Impacts plenty, high speed not so much.

·
Premium Member
113 Posts
Damn spank, sorry for your loss, glad you made it out ok.

·
Registered
640 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks everyone.SB oddly enough it was a silver and black 13 vision i went to look at when i got the 08. my brother says to get something other than a victory period. that isnt gonna happen.although any ride is better than none.pop you are right. first time i went on that road its insane. funny thing is the wife was supposed to go with me.no sitter. if she had i never would've even tried to ride it.good and bad thing i guess is i hadnt had the cash to go see kyle at kmc yet.thanks again everyone. i will be lurking and learning.

·
Premium Member
1,871 Posts
Not sure how your accident happened but I'm certainly glad you're here to post about it. Also glad your bike was insured and that you were wearing good gear.

I'll be praying you have a complete and total restoration to your injuries. Also that you can come to terms with exactly what happened to bring about the accident in the first place and to try and avoid that issue in the future.

Heal well, heal completely and heal quickly.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
First time i went on that road its insane. funny thing is the wife was supposed to go with me.no sitter. if she had i never would've even tried to ride it
Glad to hear you are still with us and mobile. Sounds like a tricky one ride. If you don't mind, how fast were you traveling when you went down?

·
13,177 Posts
spanknut24
what is your insurance company saying.
Here is a sit that will allow you to search craigslist all over the USA so maybe you can find what you want.
http://www.adhuntr.com/

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I used to ride my Mountain bike up and down HMR , I actually blacked out on the way up one time and woke up in the woods, that's some steep **** right there, glad to hear your ok , and keep in touch with us all .cheers

·
Registered
848 Posts
Machines come and go, can be repaired or replaced, but your life that is a one time shot, glad to hear you are ok.

If it is not too painful, might you be able to share what lead up to and caused the accident so that others might learn from your expirence.

Again glad to hear you are in one piece.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts