Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2008 Nision Street Premium. First year no problems. Now this whole year I have had random stalls to stalls I know is going to happen like 50 yards from my house. Rather I warm the bike up or just start and go. I have added a second air filter intake from loydz along with a idle air valve from loydz. All recalls are fixed. I put in new spark plugs and HP air filter. I changed out stage 1 level 2 for a very loud and sweey exhaust from the WITCH DOCTOR. Still have the same damn problem. Took the bike to a local dealer, he didn't have time for me. No bike is out of warranity, so now what to do.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
How many miles on it? It is a few years old. Out of warranty. I think I would try a little self diagnosis. I would start it up and spray a liquid around the intake system. You can use water in a squirt bottle. If the speed changes while you do this you got a vacuum leak somewhere. You can also use something such as a penetrating oil,this will change the speed also,just beware if you use something to flammable you can set the bike on fire. I like using water in a squirt bottle myself,no fires. Just an idea. My last bike was carbed. It ran plastic intake manifolds that warped over time and it had a vacuum leak,it would idle poorly and die. I installed billet intake manifolds after that with new seals. I am not saying that is your problem,but it is possible. It could also be something like a loose hose clamp on your intake system. It is worth a shot. If your dealer is ignoring you and you do not want to touch it I would look for another mechanic who works on bikes on the side.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts