Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've have a couple of older 30pin ipod devices I use for tunes. The old iphone I died and the ipod(s) corrupted. After about 2 months of fighting with the devices and iTunes :mad: I finally got my music back on two of the devices. When I hook them up and try to play the music comes out very muffled as if its under water. The more volume I add the worse the sound gets. Music through the iPod is unplayable at this point. The radio and weather band are sounding normal.
Anyone know what this issue is caused from and how to fix it? thanks

edit:
both music devices play perfectly through earbuds

·
Registered
238 Posts
I've have a couple of older 30pin ipod devices I use for tunes. The old iphone I died and the ipod(s) corrupted. After about 2 months of fighting with the devices and iTunes :mad: I finally got my music back on two of the devices. When I hook them up and try to play the music comes out very muffled as if its under water. The more volume I add the worse the sound gets. Music through the iPod is unplayable at this point. The radio and weather band are sounding normal.

edit:
I had a similar issue with plugging an iPod into my old truck. Plug it in, sounds very low volume and muffled. Turned out in my case on of the wires within the cord was not making a connection. You may have a bad wire. Being that it does it on both, my guess is it's something with the bike and not the iPod. If you can procure a new iPod wire, I'd start there.

·
Premium Member
1,590 Posts
Bad wire/connection somewhere.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Definitely a wiring connection issue , mine did the same thing .

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was out riding with Broggy today.... will dig into it after I get my afternoon coffee in me.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I cant see anything directly wrong with the wires. I wiggled the harnesses and connector while playing off the ipod. Doing this didn't make the sound quality change.

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts

edit:

There is a small speaker setting in some iPods. Make sure it is turned off.

·
Registered
98 Posts
iPod problems.

Check the quick connects that are between the saddlebags and bike. Mine were full of dielectric grease. After cleaning them with contact cleaner my problem went away. Guess the dealer had applied too much during assembly and by my plugin them back in each time I removed the bag for tire pressure checks had pushed the excess into the socket causing poor electrical contact.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
There is a small speaker setting in some iPods. Make sure it is turned off.
I'll look into this, thx

Check the quick connects that are between the saddlebags and bike. Mine were full of dielectric grease. After cleaning them with contact cleaner my problem went away. Guess the dealer had applied too much during assembly and by my plugin them back in each time I removed the bag for tire pressure checks had pushed the excess into the socket causing poor electrical contact.
I've made sure the connections are solid but I'll take your advice and clean them because, I never have and they pick up lots of dirt from being outside.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I quickly sprayed out the connections when I got home and there was a substantial improvement in sound quality. But the volume was low and when I turned it up got more static. So cleaning is barking up the right tree, I think I'll have to sit down with some Q-tips and really get in there, the connectors were black inside.

·
Registered
4,078 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
No go on the contact cleaning :( ...I really miss my riding tunes.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts