Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello everyone, i recently boughtmyself a beautiful 2000 victory v92sc that some previous owner had laid down. what i see is an opertunity, so i bought it for $2,000 and am doing a bobber conversion because whats cooler than a big 1500cc bobber!

side note, i am repairing third gear also and i will be caming it out soon as well as some sort of forced induction, i need to break 100hp to the rear, i just need to.

anyways back to the bobber, i will be posting pictures and would appreciate adviceand opinions along the way, i have several tough choices i can forsee already from how to set up the license plate and lights to should i weld the frame over the shock under the old seat or weld something to hold the new bobber style seat, and keep the shock. if i remove it, the engine wont last as long and i will lose preformance, however if i keep it i will have less room to tuck the wires and it may not look as good.

tough choices, pictures will come soon but please share your thoughts and opinions!!!!

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the subject of v92? there both projects on a v92 so they go in the same v92 catagory. one is a bobber conversion, and one is a mechanical repair, diffrent topics so diffrent posts.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
visionjohnny is the forum's topic cop me thinks. He questions folks on such things to keep us in line. :ltr: thumb up

·
Premium Member
4,498 Posts
We don't keep VJ inline... He's just VJ , we enjoy his anecdotes! He has a lot of useful knowledge as do many other members.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
We don't keep VJ inline... He's just VJ , we enjoy his anecdotes! He has a lot of useful knowledge as do many other members.
Behind every good man there's gotta be someone who keeps him in line LOL

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
ok so i have some pictures for everyone!

first, if i put my license plate under the seat, but above the wheel is it illegal??

20150525_202152.jpg

second, here is how i tucked all of the wires in and removed the batery which i still need to relocate. i put the fuze box pointing back where the license plate will be so it is accessable annd also protected. i still need to fab up some brackets and mounts but i can weld so it wont take too long.

20150525_202255.jpg

20150525_202111.jpg

20150525_202106.jpg

here is a picture of some of the damage i didnt repair yet

20150525_160905.jpg

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
but here is the general concept fr the bike without the seat, wires tucked, or gas tank yet im painting the tank matt black with an anarchy symbol

20150525_160853.jpg

so what do you all think so far? any sugestion for where to put the batery? this bike came with mid rear controls, so do any of you know of a fourm where they did a forward control conversion for cheep?

·
Registered
1,638 Posts
Ouch! file/sand that rust and paint that sucker...

Your bobber project is dirty. Wash it cleaner and maybe we'll help you. We'll even let you create another thread called cleaner bobber v92 and you can place it in the clean bobber thread folder over yonder.

VJ will show you where it is. :D

BTW! Absolutely love pics so keep them coming. thumb up

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ouch! file/sand that rust and paint that sucker...

Your bobber project is dirty. Wash it cleaner and maybe we'll help you. We'll even let you create another thread called cleaner bobber v92 and you can place it in the clean bobber thread folder over yonder.

VJ will show you where it is. :D

BTW! Absolutely love pics so keep them coming. thumb up
im doing all of this as it comes, ive never seen another conversion, but if there is a fourm for it what is the lik i would love to see it, could help quite a bit! im doing this in a dirty garage so wash will be last, but i plan on having everything cleaned and tucked and hidden by the time im done!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
20150528_230952.jpg

im repairing the trans currently, you can folow my other thread to see that and i am thinking of the 100ci bore with freedome rods and high compression pistons to get that 11.0:1 compression, i would need a power comander and a chip along with cams, gaskets, and a new intake which i estimate costing me a thousand after i had everything priced out, so i have to decide if im willing to spend that to have the 75% increse in power, or save that for another project day. how cool would it be to boost that 65hp up to 110 though.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts