Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

21 - 40 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
OMFG you sir are my hero! as I have been racking my brain trying to figure out how I'm going to do it. Didn't think the cc bags would look that good but I am blown away now I have a lot better idea how im going to do mine. I too have a vegas that I would like to turn into a bagger but have it lock on or some sort of easy lock n ride. I will have a little more home work as I would like my bags narrow to match the back tire to keep the narrow look and a little lower like about even with the bottom of the back pulley or so and to mach a fender to fit the bags itll be like Jesse James nothing a lot of money and time wont fix lol. But thank you for restoring my faith of what seemed impossible. and a really great job WELL DONE!!
Im sure there is a million ways to skin that cat but to go with a skinnier look you could go with Harley bags...however there would have to be some serious customizing going on and it will probably cost you a pretty penny. There is a company called Bad Dad that makes rear fenders and they can customize it to fit a Vegas. They have a pic on their website of one. I called and asked how much and by the time your done with paint it was close to $5K!!!

BTW, thank you for the compliments!

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #22
I notice cross country's have dual disc in the front. Have you considered the extra weight and stopping power needed?

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App
I have had both bags loaded up and prob to the weight limit of 25lbs per bag and I have not felt any difference in stopping power or acceleration for that matter. The one thing it did do was change my exhaust note as the bags kinda deflect the sound and actually made it sound meaner. I never had compliments on the sound of my exhaust till I put the bags on.

FYI, I have RPW slash pipes.

·
Registered
1,347 Posts
That looks great !!!
Could you post a close-up of how the fairing looks around the headlight housing?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
That looks great !!!
Could you post a close-up of how the fairing looks around the headlight housing?
As you requested sir, sorry it took so long. Be advised, my headlight is tilted up more then it probably should to close the gap between the top of the headlight housing and the fairing. If I were to adjust the fairing lower then I would have almost no protection from the wind on my hands. As it is I still get airflow over the top of my hands. I have Ness Fly bars with Witchdoctors "no rise" cups. I have been on another Vegas that has the Ness Ram bar with the Memphis Shades Batwing and the grip position was lower so the fairing covered it nicely and matched up with the headlight nicely. Just some things to think about.

Attachments

·
Registered
71 Posts
sorry to hijack the thread but I would really like to do the bags on my 13 vegas.

I have the RPW deal exhaust, do you think it would hit the bag/brackets?

Attachments

·
Registered
66 Posts
sorry to hijack the thread but I would really like to do the bags on my 13 vegas.

I have the RPW deal exhaust, do you think it would hit the bag/brackets?
Look at the CCT looks to me that you have more than enough room

·
Premium Member
259 Posts
Doin the same thing as soon as wd figures out where my plate mount is and I get the pin rear fender back from the pc.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Im sure there is a million ways to skin that cat but to go with a skinnier look you could go with Harley bags...however there would have to be some serious customizing going on and it will probably cost you a pretty penny. There is a company called Bad Dad that makes rear fenders and they can customize it to fit a Vegas. They have a pic on their website of one. I called and asked how much and by the time your done with paint it was close to $5K!!!

BTW, thank you for the compliments!
Yeah but why would you wanna ruin a beautiful Victory with HD bags?

Bike looks great man!

·
Registered
246 Posts
So when this conversion is done. does the XC lock and ride back rest work? Also do the bags come off easy with the quick release?

·
Registered
118 Posts
Discussion Starter #33
So when this conversion is done. does the XC lock and ride back rest work? Also do the bags come off easy with the quick release?
Short answer is NO and NO. The XC lock and ride backrest will not work as the placement of brackets for the bags are different. You can use a standard seat with a backrest from either a Kingpin or Vegas however. Also, the bags are not quick release like the XC, they are bolted on with 2 bolts. With that said, they are still easy to take off. I know as i now have a XC and see the difference between the two. Unfortunetly my Vegas turned XC bagger conversion was wrecked a few months ago.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Would this conversion work with the hard leather saddle bags off the cross country? Is $250 for a pair of bags a good deal?

·
Registered
545 Posts
Short answer is NO and NO. The XC lock and ride backrest will not work as the placement of brackets for the bags are different. You can use a standard seat with a backrest from either a Kingpin or Vegas however. Also, the bags are not quick release like the XC, they are bolted on with 2 bolts. With that said, they are still easy to take off. I know as i now have a XC and see the difference between the two. Unfortunetly my Vegas turned XC bagger conversion was wrecked a few months ago.

Fed4life I hate to hear that. It was a sweet ride.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

21 - 40 of 53 Posts