Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

41 - 53 of 53 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Awesome, thanks. Lastly, I would love to get the brackets from witch doctors but $300 seems extremely steep. Is there anyway someone can upload their template for the bolt holes or measurements so I can fab my own bracket?

Thanks!

·
Premium Member
4,901 Posts
I didn't get the Kingpin Fender yet because I haven't found one for less then $800.
Call this number, 480-357-7595, ask for Phil. Tell him you need a rear fender for a Victory Kingpin and see what kind of deal he'll make you.

·
Registered
570 Posts
Man that looks great! Congratulations on a job very well done!

·
Registered
447 Posts
I have the RPW deal exhaust
Ketis, how do you rate your RPW Deal? Sound, volume, performance etc

And please don't hijack the thread again. Thank you. :D

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
My son's bike that I put a little work into.

2008 Vegas 8-Ball W/ Kingpin Fender and XC bags. Memphis Shades fairing with Hog Tunes Speaker Module.

The existing Slash Ness pipes are too close to the bag on the right side. Zoomies should take care of that.

Here's what I did with the tail lights. https://vimeo.com/114886798
http://www.customdynamics.com/plasma_rod_led_lights.htm (rear Brake/Turn)
http://www.customdynamics.com/tailconversion_kit.htm (control module for run/turn/brake)
http://www.customdynamics.com/truflex_flexible_led_lighting.htm (front LED run/turn/flash... hooked up to the brake controller for more visibility)

Oh... BTW, the Slash Ness pipes could be for sale. They need a re-wrap or refinishing. They were originally black but were weathered prior to my son purchasing it. He wanted a wrap but we ended up buying two different kinds as you can see by the photos.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
14,117 Posts
Dang TH; that looks excellent. Lots of visibility front and back which I'm sure is what you were going for so your son will at least be seen at night. Good job!

Digging your turbo High Ball too. That puppy must be a handful to ride, eh.

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
Dang TH; that looks excellent. Lots of visibility front and back which I'm sure is what you were going for so your son will at least be seen at night. Good job!

Digging your turbo High Ball too. That puppy must be a handful to ride, eh.
Thanks BBob.
Can't have the bike too visible for the my boy! I have since added a couple smoked LED tail lights to the outside back of the bags to increase visibility during the daylight.

The Turbo was definitely an awesome ride at 140hp and 140tq but the style of the bike was wrong for me in that I was scraping hard parts in the corners too much. I think, someday, I may just have to build my own Vic the way I want it. I'm thinking very happy thoughts about LLoydz supercharger...

·
Premium Member
27 Posts
I get it now. You are currently "in between" Vic's. No worries mate. It's all good.

I see you do have a fondness for air cooled V-Twin's in all their flavors. Very cool!
Nope, not between Vics... Current ride is the Anniversary Cross Country (#088). Still want to do my own Vic custom though!

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Short answer is NO and NO. The XC lock and ride backrest will not work as the placement of brackets for the bags are different. You can use a standard seat with a backrest from either a Kingpin or Vegas however. Also, the bags are not quick release like the XC, they are bolted on with 2 bolts. With that said, they are still easy to take off. I know as i now have a XC and see the difference between the two. Unfortunetly my Vegas turned XC bagger conversion was wrecked a few months ago.
Where the bags destroyed in the wreckage?
If not you willing to sell even if they are all scratched up.

·
Premium Member
297 Posts
Where the bags destroyed in the wreckage?
If not you willing to sell even if they are all scratched up.
Bear in mind that the last activity in this thread was 6 years ago.

41 - 53 of 53 Posts