Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
This is my Vic...I am assuming that it is a V92C:rolleyes:...When I bought it from Craigslist, it was advertised as a 2006 Victory Tour Deluxe. I love it...I need to find out for sure...I need to change oil...Has anyone used Mobil 1 synthetic in theirs ? And is there a convertion chart to buy a filter @ AutoZone or Wal-Mart ? Help me out.cheers...I will post photo when I find the proper button to push:crzy:

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
This is my Vic...I am assuming that it is a V92C:rolleyes:...When I bought it from Craigslist, it was advertised as a 2006 Victory Tour Deluxe. I love it...I need to find out for sure...I need to change oil...Has anyone used Mobil 1 synthetic in theirs ? And is there a convertion chart to buy a filter @ AutoZone or Wal-Mart ? Help me out.cheers...I will post photo when I find the proper button to push:crzy:
Click the Edit button inside your post, nect to "Quote". It will allow you to edit your post. Click on Go Advanced. Scroll down and click on the Manage Attachments button and you can upload pics.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Good looking bike, Huckster!

It is definitely a Deluxe Touring Cruiser. The correct model designation is V92TC (for Touring Cruiser). The Deluxe means you have spoke wheels (instead of cast) and several other trim details.

The V92 family also includes the V92C (Cruiser) and V92SC (Sport Cruiser). The quickest way to distinguish the different V92 bikes is by their exhaust system configurations. The V92C has the standard Cruiser dual exhaust pipes that are stacked one above the other on the right side of the bike. The V92SC has a two into one exhaust with upswept muffler much like a typical sport bike.

The TC is distinguished by an exhaust system where one of the exhaust headers crosses over to the left side of the bike and you have one muffler on each side. The TC also has a longer rear swing arm which gives the bike a more stable ride with more room for a passenger and luggage.

Definitely download the manuals!

As for oil - there are a gazillion oil threads. Start working your way thru the oil section of this forum. But allow me to give you a brief summary . . . . everyone has their own opinion :)

Enjoy the ride. I love mine!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Oil filters????? Where do you get your oil filters ???????

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
auto parts store Wix 51356 $6.99 (part number provided by Vision Johnny)

That is a 06 V92 Touring Cruiser (the designation of deluxe is up for debate do to vin not breaking it out). It was the last year of the touring cruisers which were replaced by the Kingpin. Great ride, many who have sold now wish they hadn't. Quite a few threads on oil. Going to have to research that one but if you follow some of the stuff vindex posted on oil it should help.

Still quite a few of us here with TCs so if you got questions ask'em. Search BBob and service manuals and you will find a PDF download for it as well as what VJ said about downloading the owners from MaVic web. Safe ridin and enjoy that new TC!

Tim

Oh in answer to the last post I use the Vic oil change kit,every 3500 and it takes the full six quarts. Ensure you replace that oil plug crush gasket every change!

·
Registered
148 Posts
The biggest challenge is finding an oil pan that will hold 6 quarts, that is shallow enough to slide underneath and doesn't slosh oil all over the side when it scooted out from under the bike and can pour into a container for recycle.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Tims_04V92TC..I see in your signature line that you have the OD pulley on yours...Did it improve your gas milage ? Where did you get it ? What was cost ? Was it worth it ?

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Tims_04V92TC..I see in your signature line that you have the OD pulley on yours...Did it improve your gas milage ? Where did you get it ? What was cost ? Was it worth it ?
I'm with sofaking. I luckily had a low profile 12qt oil tank but still find it easier ride the fron tre up on a 2x12 plank at the edge of the garage door. Gives that little bit of clearance needed.

OD pulley. Dros your rpm about 250, makes 1-3 really usable and sets 5th up more like an OD. So 1-4 up to 65 and over to 5th on the highway. No real change in mpg, around 150ish a tank. Set you back around 325. Checkout a thread I posted in. The v92 with a lot more detail and the poc. He's a good guy mfgr these for us for several years. Yes it was worth it if your on the road with it. Around town all the time maybe not. I may go back to a 30T when the time comes for the bigbore mod. Will see.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Does John M. still make the pulleys ? You said to ( adjust your speedo pickup ) How would I do this ? is there a write up on that too ? I got this info off a 5 to 6 speed mod post . Is there a post on just putting in the pulley to explain all this ?

·
Registered
1,499 Posts
Does John M. still make the pulleys ? You said to ( adjust your speedo pickup ) How would I do this ? is there a write up on that too ? I got this info off a 5 to 6 speed mod post . Is there a post on just putting in the pulley to explain all this ?
Yes he is still making them. I think I may have expanded on the steps to install it in the v92 forum under a bread OD pulley why did I wait. Little bit of grinding on the pulley cover, put a spacer in the speedo pickup and readjust your belt. Done. I can pull my over and take a pic if you do it and there isn't one floating around here

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks for the info...I only have access to the internet on weekends, so I may have more questions next week. cheers

1 - 14 of 14 Posts