Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok my wife is getting black soot stuff on the back of her legs and was wondering if anyone else has experienced this.
Jim

·
Super Moderator
6,372 Posts
All the time, or in certain areas? Do you have soot on your exhaust tips?

·
Registered
851 Posts
Little more info would be helpful.

Looking at your other posts, I take it you ride a 2013 Victory CCT and I assume your wife is riding on the back when she gets the soot.

Using those assumptions I can only say that my wife never had any soot on the back of her legs when riding on my 2010 XR with hard bags.

Is she getting it on the back of both legs? If yes or she is only getting the soot on the right leg I'd look at the pipes to ensure the mufflers are on tight. If only on the left leg it could be soot from the pipes or brake dust.

I'd clean up the entire area including the pipes and wheel. Ride it for a bit and see if you can figure out where it's coming from.

By the way, it would be helpful to include the model and year of your bike in your signature so people have a better idea how to help.

·
Registered
1,228 Posts
I love my 2012 XCT...but it is also the SOOTIEST bike I have ever owned. Is it normal...I really don't know, but my guess is that it is NORMAL for this bike. I just came back from The Vic Shop and they said my bike was HEALTHY and with new cams..it's also FAST! :ltr::ltr::ltr::ltr::ltr:

·
Registered
12,202 Posts
Ok my wife is getting black soot stuff on the back of her legs and was wondering if anyone else has experienced this.
Jim
103 posts and still no signature telling us anything about your bike and you are very vague with other descriptions. C'mon fella, we aren't fortune tellers here, but we do want to help.
You could have leaking exhaust pipe gaskets, where the pipe meets the heads. The OEM ones aren't that good, especially if you have ever done anything with the mufflers--that could have them leaking. I replaced mine with Lloydz superior ones.
You didn't say if your O2 sensors are connected or not. Disconnecting them will have the engine burning richer and if you still have the original exhaust gaskets, soot may be emanating from them.
Now, how about that informative signature.

·
Registered
784 Posts
Pull your side panels. Is it similar to the road grime/brake dust? My XCT is grimy, if that is a word. Lots of dusty stuff that isn't really explainable, but all seems well 20 odd K miles and the belt, brakes and such seem to be wearing normally. I just figured the belt drive and openness of the machine was to blame. Lots of street cred on our jackets accumulated quickly compared to the past shaft drive bikes.

·
Premium Member
79 Posts
Jim
Ride faster the dust is catching up wac

·
Premium Member
1,250 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok guys enough of the asshole comments. Vagina Johnny stop responding to my posts. You are arrogant dick. Sorry if I didn't put enough info on here for some of you guys. You must be a bitch to live with.
I think I found my issue. This was a silly post but some of you dicks made it into a cluster ****. If I can find a way to block your sarcastic asses I would .

·
Registered
12,202 Posts
No one called you any names, so why are you doing that to us? Keep up with that kind of talk and you'll get no help. Gawd you have a thin skin. How immature. Grow up or grow away.

·
Premium Member
4,178 Posts
your always going to get unwanted posts, but look past them , the rest of the folks are just trying to get more info from you to help.

Sent from Motorcycle.com Free App

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
WOW!--wac

you guys can pick on me. im used to it.
guess he doesnt know us yet.

·
Premium Member
94 Posts
Really? Don't give people a button to push.

Attachments

·
13,002 Posts
JPokerwinski

Stop and think what you posted
No Year
No model
No information on pipes

90% of us here have never had a girlfriend saying she gets suit on her legs.
Its your fault not ours for giving it to you

·
Registered
12,202 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,074 Posts
Jim
I can't help you with your problem as the other guys summarized most of the questions already

BUT THIS IS FUNNY :D thumb up :ltr:

premature ejaculation perhaps of your Victory?

·
Premium Member
5,632 Posts
No one called you any names, so why are you doing that to us? Keep up with that kind of talk and you'll get no help. Gawd you have a thin skin. How immature. Grow up or grow away.
Why don't you say the same to others here who say much worse regularly?

1 - 20 of 39 Posts