Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hola my name is Scott. I ride A Triumph Tbird. Last year we sold both of our bikes to make some cash. and this year we our buying two new bikes. Mine has been purchased. leaving us one bike short of a party. After a bit of shopping around and sitting on a bunch of bikes. The wife has fallen in love with the Gunner. Soooooo, we most likely will buy one at the end of the summer, which is the beggining of riding season here in the desert. I am an active senior member of the forum for Triumph. So I will be on here looking for pre purchase info about wind screens, pipes, seats, luggage etc.

·
Registered
12,150 Posts
Welcome aboard from the Northwet. There's a lot to learn hear and don't be afraid to ask--we don't bite. Out of curiosity, what did you purchase?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I bought a 2014 Triumph Thunderbird 1600. They are closing out that model and continuing on with only the 1700 Thunderbird models. So I got it for an unbelievable price. 9999. Very happy.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Hola my name is Scott. I ride A Triumph Tbird. Last year we sold both of our bikes to make some cash. and this year we our buying two new bikes. Mine has been purchased. leaving us one bike short of a party. After a bit of shopping around and sitting on a bunch of bikes. The wife has fallen in love with the Gunner. Soooooo, we most likely will buy one at the end of the summer, which is the beggining of riding season here in the desert. I am an active senior member of the forum for Triumph. So I will be on here looking for pre purchase info about wind screens, pipes, seats, luggage etc.
I purchased a new gunner have about 2000 miles on it the only thing I don't like about it is when when you play with the throttle at an idle ( when you come to a stop before you take off )it will miss and sometimes stall

·
Registered
114 Posts
I sat on the new style Tbird the first year they launched in 2010. I made an appointment for a test ride, drove three hours to find out they never knew I was coming......:crzy:

I really like the Gunner as well and need to test ride one. thumb up

·
Registered
114 Posts
I purchased a new gunner have about 2000 miles on it the only thing I don't like about it is when when you play with the throttle at an idle ( when you come to a stop before you take off )it will miss and sometimes stall
Your running lean is my guess?

·
Premium Member
6,019 Posts
Change your settings / throttle / ajust clutch / read the manual / go visit a vic mechanic who knows what he is doing ....
Vics do not "stall" without minor adjustment to be made and fix ?

·
Registered
12,150 Posts
Try disconnecting the O2 sensors. There's a connector a few inches from the sensor. That will give it a richer fuel mixture. Installing the Lloydz adjustable timing wheel (to me) is a must do as it greatly improves performance and runability. Many here swear by it.

·
Registered
426 Posts
+1 on the timing wheel

1 - 13 of 13 Posts