Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My wife's XCT is my Ness' twin

I've been pretty quiet of late on the forums. Maybe because it's the off season and not much to do, or maybe because I can't do much more to my setup.

Since my ride is where I want it (trailer and all), I thought I'd move onto something else.

My setup:

I was so impressed with how well painting the trailer with Victory paint came out that my wife and I decided to dismantle her black XCT and paint to match.

I tore it down completely so all the painter would have to do is prep and paint. Only took a few hours but holy crap, there are a lot of parts and screws when all said and done.

Some photos of the paint prep:

The parts painted:

All the finished parts:

CONTINUED.......

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #2 (Edited)
....Contunued

And the finished bike:

THE BEFORE AND AFTER - some things get better with age!!

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
And the family is ready for the season!!

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yepper. Good you saw it Paulie. I was going to point you in this direction. We absolutely love it. So much so she already can't wait to get out and about. She's never really shown a whole lot if interest in riding this bike. Wait till you see both bike and the trailer in unison!!

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Great color ... are you gonna put flames on it?

Where did you get those rear bag lights?

·
Premium Member
539 Posts

·
Registered
1,365 Posts

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
We don't plan to paint any flames on. That would be too expensive. We may toy with something after this season. Pin stripping or something.

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Paulie, it's from my past, pre Victory life. I used to install Hemi's into Jeep Wranglers on the side. Completed 9 conversions starting with my own 6.1 SRT transplant. Dyno'd 330HP/331TQ at the wheels here in Colorado on 37" tires.

·
Premium Member
1,986 Posts
Paulie, it's from my past, pre Victory life. I used to install Hemi's into Jeep Wranglerson the side. Completed 9 conversions starting with my own 6.1 STR transplant. Dyno'd 330HP/331TQ at the wheels here in Colorado.

Whaaaaaattttt.............I had a 2004 Short bed Chevrolet I played around with for a long time, finally gave up on my 4.8 that was in it and went right to a pretty worked over LQ4 6.0, kept running out of injector and finally sold it off and bought a 2003 SVT Cobra.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Paulie, it's from my past, pre Victory life. I used to install Hemi's into Jeep Wranglerson the side. Completed 9 conversions starting with my own 6.1 STR transplant. Dyno'd 330HP/331TQ at the wheels here in Colorado.

awesome...I like Hemi's...cheers

I have a few $$$ into mine...lol

And great job on the bikes(love the color)...thumb up

·
Premium Member
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #17 (Edited)
Well done on the bikes. The electric reverse is a nice touch for hers.

Love the shop!

If I see you in Sturgis it will be because your two bikes really stand out.
The reverse has come in handy more than it hasn't. She can't quite get flat footed so trying to move that thing manually can be dangerous.

No Sturgis here. Not our environment. We like to ride the Black Hills every year in the off season though.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts