Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
while you guys are gloating over your great riding weather
some of us are dealing other things. like SNOW. over 20"
so far. -14 this morn. i switched my riding habit for a while.
if it gets too deep. i have friends with bigger equipment.
works good for home, shop and neighbors wanting freebies.
honda rubicon and simplicity landlord. they dont do well in
the twisties. im in nw ill. anyone else having no fun in the snow?

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
15" at my house overnight , I took these pics at 3:45 a.m. this morning when I went out to Sno-Blow !

This , Sucks:D

·
Registered
78 Posts
It's a cold year this year. I'm having a hard time getting the bike out here and I'm farther south than you. I did go for a ride on Dec 31 however.

·
Registered
352 Posts
yes sir

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
15"! thats when im sucking up to friends with large plows and
buckets[please, please, please!] i dont drink, but one friend likes
to be rewarded with items that are packaged in 12's and 24's.
hope thats all you get for snow. looks like your ground clearance
is ok on the truck!

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I think the last time we got 15" of snow in my neck of the woods was back in the 90's! We did get a nice freezing rain yesterday morning that had over 300 vehicle in the ditches in NE TN.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
We routinely get 10 - 15 " at a time during the winter months ... My Mom and Dad live in North Conway NH , and are the lucky recipients of 18 - 24" at a time , nothing out of the ordinary for them .:crzy:

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
And we in the Pacific Northwet bitch about rain. And well we should, cuz while you guys are enjoying your nice spring rides, we are drowning out here. As the local saying goes, summer doesn't begin here until the 5th of July.

·
Registered
1,365 Posts
Here's what it looks like in front of the building where I work. D/T Vancouver, BC ... Jan 3rd, 2014

Jan3_2014_a.jpg

Jan3_2014_c.jpg

·
Registered
180 Posts
I realize cold is a relative term, but even here in Galveston Texas it has been too nasty for any riding. We normally don't drop below 50 degrees, so all these 30-something temps combined with rain and high winds have sure put a damper on things. The bike stays parked and I have been driving the Jeep everywhere.

·
Registered
107 Posts
They are forecasting -15f for a HIGH here where I live on Monday. So damn cold the governor closed all the schools already for Monday. Being able to ride my bike seems like a long way off.....

·
Premium Member
978 Posts
It,s 49 degrees here now. It is suppose to reach 72 today. So being the nice guy I am, I will put in some miles today on my CR in your honor. I sure don't miss the snow.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Thank you for thatcheers My car barely would turn over this morning for work . Brutally cold here .

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Discussion Starter #16 (Edited)
20 below sun night and not above zero till thurs. we are setting
records for low temps. snowing as i type.guess we all have our
bears to cross[or something like that]. getting no help from the
family in moving snow.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Same here Irv , if I don't move it , it don't get moved ....thumb up So much for global warming , I could use some of that now !cheers

·
Registered
352 Posts
8" to 12" of more snow coming tomorrow....:D

1 - 20 of 63 Posts