Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 57 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
My 2012 XC into a Trike

Well just starting on this project. just beginning tear down. Anyone in the Phoenix area wants to lend a hand let me know.
thanks
Dan

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,033 Posts
That's just soo cool a trike build thread .... I wish i could give you a hand and have a laugh at the same time .... I just found out there is 1 HD trike on our island, (in a to be opening HD shop) fully loaded .... Did not see it yet .

I see your fender has scratches and fearing taken off, did you fall recently ?

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No thank goodness I didn't fall. I bought it this way. Salvage off eBay.

·
Premium Member
6,033 Posts
Whauw, that is a good buy mate, love to follow on your building this amazing trike .... Good luck and keep the pictures coming

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I'll have red/grey bags for sale. Have a little rash on right lid. Saddlebag mounts, under fender, bag guards, rear fender with lights complete and the white trunk is for sale also. Front and rear wheels. Rear swingarm, stock shock with link. Rear caliper, front calipers, right side rashed. Damaged front fender, gauges, radio etc.
Thanks
Dan

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Couple more pics before trike disassembly. Has to come apart to install on bike as well as installing the belt.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
6,371 Posts
That's a good-looking kit. Who makes it?
That rear pulley looks a bit larger than the normal rear pulley. If that's the case, it's like having an underdrive pulley on the tranny :)

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)

Attachments

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Let me know if you would think there is enough adjustment to put an under drive pulley on. I have this one in a leman version on my wife's and I think it will help greatly.

·
Premium Member
6,033 Posts
Rear caliper ... MbX needs a rear caliper mate ???

Man that is just a beautiful kit, love the pictures, looking GOOD

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
Yeah thats correct Im chasing a rear caliper thats in good condition.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Pm me. Mine has 15k on it.

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
PM sent.
I presume XC and Vegas rear calipers are the same?

·
Premium Member
6,033 Posts
Just measure PCD and hole size etc .... Sure somebody can chip-in regarding 2007 vegas fitment size ??

Edit, and if the EBC brake pads are the same numbers for both rear caliper's that should indicated someting ?

Maybe the other members have better knowledge about this ?

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Let me know if you would think there is enough adjustment to put an under drive pulley on. I have this one in a leman version on my wife's and I think it will help greatly.
Depending on what year you have, and I'm not sure of the date, but Champion bought Lehman. Should be the same underneath. The stock pulley is 70 tooth where the Champion is 74. That's my count anyway.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Just measure PCD and hole size etc .... Sure somebody can chip-in regarding 2007 vegas fitment size ??

Edit, and if the EBC brake pads are the same numbers for both rear caliper's that should indicated someting ?

Maybe the other members have better knowledge about this ?
Just by looking at pictures I found on the net a 2012 XC caliper will NOT work in a 2007 Vegas.

·
Premium Member
8,733 Posts
Just by looking at pictures I found on the net a 2012 XC caliper will NOT work in a 2007 Vegas.
Mines a 2010 Vegas not 07
But its not looking good :-(

·
Premium Member
64 Posts
Depending on what year you have, and I'm not sure of the date, but Champion bought Lehman. Should be the same underneath. The stock pulley is 70 tooth where the Champion is 74. That's my count anyway.
I've got leman on the outside champion on the inside, I've yet to take the body off I just didn't know if there was enough adjustment in the slide for an under drive pulley or not.

·
Premium Member
1,501 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I've got leman on the outside champion on the inside, I've yet to take the body off I just didn't know if there was enough adjustment in the slide for an under drive pulley or not.
Looks to be about a 2" slot for adjustment. When installed it will be hard to tell as to where it ends up as the adjuster plate sandwiches between the swingarm and the trailer hitch. Ill see if I can make some marks and get you that info. I you don't have a trailer hitch on yours you should be able to see it just by looking under it.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 57 Posts