Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For reference if someone is looking for the info I just got back from a 300 miles ride after getting my break in service completed.

Interstate I-70 with a nasty headwind. 27.3 MPG
Winding canyon with some interstate with tailwind. 46.7 MPG.
Average for the whole trip 37 ish MPG.

My average interstate speed was probably about 82 MPH.
The canyon was probably about 50 MPH average.

·
Registered
269 Posts
milage

For reference if someone is looking for the info I just got back from a 300 miles ride after getting my break in service completed.

I'm averaging around 40mpg on my 11 XC with trunk. Best so far was slightly over 45 but that was mostly 55mph. Worst was like you 27 but there was some > 100mph time in there.., bike was new to me and ya just have to see what it will do... or maybe that's jsut me..

·
Registered
554 Posts
I usually get around 40 but the last tank was 32. I have no idea why. Hoping it's not a sign of the future, if it is then my car gets better mileage.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Gas pains!

My XR seems to average about 36mpg to 40mpg. Going 80 mph it seems to be around 36-37mpg. Would be nice if they got around 50mpg. I am going to try it without the Victory barn door windshield one day and see if that helps a bit,seems like it would.:crzy:

·
Registered
23 Posts
I'm at 40.2

Just finished a 1200 mile RT through the Appalachians. Reset the mpg counter before the trip. Interstate all the way with cruise pegged at 78 mph. One up with the trunk. Bike is new with 2K miles on it after the trip (800 at trip start). Bike has stage 1 kit.

Another data point.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Getting 44 to 45 pretty consistently day-in, day-out

Solo w/trunk removed this weekend was easy cruising between 60 & 65 for more than 60% of the trip mixed with 35MPH towns and some twistys averaged 44 which is pretty close to normal for me. I don't think I've ever been under 40MPG with this bike yet. Mine is 100% stock. calc'd based on fill up, not on-board CPU. Stock w/no power adders...as they say in SpeedTV's Passtime. LOL

Seems like I ride a LOT slower than others here who seem to be pegged pretty close to 80MPH for their interstate runs. You can be CERTAIN that the 15MPH difference between me and them will be good for an extra 3 or 5 MPG

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Stock?

Is she sitting stock? Any mods to the engine?

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Just finished a 1200 mile RT through the Appalachians. Reset the mpg counter before the trip. Interstate all the way with cruise pegged at 78 mph. One up with the trunk. Bike is new with 2K miles on it after the trip (800 at trip start). Bike has stage 1 kit.

Another data point.
Well?? What was your MPG?

Oh, and for the record the Average MPG counter on the bike has been consistently 3 MPG better than the actual pen and paper calculation.

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Well?? What was your MPG?

Oh, and for the record the Average MPG counter on the bike has been consistently 3 MPG better than the actual pen and paper calculation.
His was posted in the header of his message...40.2MPG

·
Registered
39 Posts
I generally get around 46 MPG on my 2011 CC without a trunk averaging 65MPH. I just finished 2300 Mile vacation and I was hauling a cargo trailer filled with camping gear and cloths averaging 38 MPG and 65 MPH.

·
Registered
86 Posts

This is consistent with what I have seen here in Denver (only 700 mi so far on my XCT). Remember, engines are less efficient here at altitude. I haven't hit them on the XCT, but I've had wind easily take 50% of the mpg on other bikes.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
What gear is the bike in?

pdsmith when you are getting 46mpg what gear are you running the bike in at 65mph? My XR seems to really dog down in 6th gear below 75mph.

·
Registered
774 Posts
This is consistent with what I have seen here in Denver (only 700 mi so far on my XCT). Remember, engines are less efficient here at altitude. I haven't hit them on the XCT, but I've had wind easily take 50% of the mpg on other bikes.
We get much better miliage at our altitude and much poorer performance. Less oxygen and the ECM feeds less fuel. But pretty nice to ride over Longs peak without hickups and drivabilty problems.thumb up

·
Registered
634 Posts
The onboard computer reads between 45 and 49mpg all the time. But actually I get 37-39mpg at fillups no matter how I ride. No way can I trust the computer.

·
Premium Member
21 Posts
Wiind

I was surprised by the gas mileage swing on my new Vision. After 3k, I agree speed and weight make a difference. Also, I'm still trying to figure out the ideal rpm. However, I've noticed that wind affects the Vision more than any bike I've owned. I have to think a head wind will certainly affect gas mileage.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts