Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I've only owned my 2012 XCT for 3 weeks now and well I am still learning about it . I took off the left side cover and saw a plug hanging there with a rubber cap on it . Curious as to what its for ?

I am looking into adding extra lights and would like to identify this .
Thanks for any assistance

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
You'd have to post a photo for us to be able to ID that connector. For adding lights and accessories, install a fuse block supplied directly from the battery +. Use a relay to activate it so its off when the ignition is off.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
This is just a wild guess but could it be for the optional Vic reverse kit that can come on these bikes from the factory or be installed by the dealer?

G'day,

Vinish

·
Super Moderator
6,383 Posts
That is not the reverse plug; that is the small triangular white plug on top of the transmission. I do not know what this one is for, however...

·
Registered
368 Posts
connector for trunk taillights and speaker. I see you are from |Trenton buy the bike from Deerhaven???? I am north of Napanee. Where's the trunk????

·
Super Moderator
6,383 Posts
I thought so too, but he says he has a Cross Country Tour in his sig - is the trunk removed?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Can't imagine Vic would have changed the wire colors from 2010 to 2014, but stranger things have happened. If it's a 8 wire plug, my bet is the trunk plug. Would def help to know if a trunk is or is not installed.

·
Registered
1,674 Posts
I have a 2012 XCT (two actually) and have the trunks off of both most of the time. The plug does not have a cover as the one in the picture does. Maybe the plug cover was added in later model years.

G'day,

Vinish

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
That plug would go to the reverse kit , here it is in the wiring diagram .

DIAGRAM.jpg

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
**** , why is it so small ? Guess you have to trust me ....:D

·
Premium Member
71 Posts
rear accessory connector

Its called a "rear accessory connector". The black rubber cover is just a protector when its not used.

If you purchase the Kuryakyn Sabre Lights for your bags they are plug and play to this connector. So they operate tail/turn/stop.

·
Super Moderator
6,383 Posts
Its called a "rear accessory connector". The black rubber cover is just a protector when its not used.

If you purchase the Kuryakyn Sabre Lights for your bags they are plug and play to this connector. So they operate tail/turn/stop.
Then it is for the trunk. I have the saber lights and they connect in between this connector and the trunk.

Is it possible he has an XC and not an XCT?

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Thanks all for replying . yes I do have the XCT . I do have the trunk installed and all the lights work .
Man if this plug is for the rear accessory lights that is freakin awesome . I have been looking at those Sabre lights and now this is making my decision even easier .

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Also gamewarden I'm from Trenton Ohio . Small town a little north of Cincinnati .

·
Registered
89 Posts
+2 in support of the reverse kit connector. The pic shows 3 wires. Mags looks like he has the correct schematic but I belive the plug he has circled is incorrect. The plug just to the left is the plug in the OP. If you had a reverse kit installed, it would plug in here and one pin would got to the ECM, one pin to Eng RPM signal and the 3rd pin to the Ign switch.
I also looked at the harness for the Sabre lights and Broggy is correct, it connects in line with the trunk connector. Totally different connector. I pulled my left side cover and found the 3 pin connector hiding behind the main harness connector, towards the front of the bike. The trunk harness is about 6 inches further back.
If your looking to hook up an accessory to this connector, it looks like you can get switched power from the pink wire but no grounds on this plug.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks , the Sabre lights are on the to do list but not right away . And I know I'm not getting the reverse kit, damn that would be nice bike is heavy backing up into a parking spot. So the only thing I can do is when I get those lights ( Birthday coming up next month ) I can see if this plug works for those lights or not and inform .
Definitely plenty on knowledge on this forum to help.

·
Registered
89 Posts
If you get the Sabre lights, they'll plug in line with the trunk connector. If you go to Kuryakn website and search the Sabre lights, there is a pdf link for installation instructions. That will show you the harness and plug setup.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts