Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Discovered a large, knurled adjustment screw going into my IAC that isn't shown on any of the mfr's parts diagrams. Anybody know what it is?

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
Discovered a large, knurled adjustment screw going into my IAC that isn't shown on any of the mfr's parts diagrams. Anybody know what it is?
That's part of a Lloydz Motorworks IAC valve. You can adjust it to eliminate exhaust popping (from deceleration)

Www.lloydz.com

·
Registered
12,222 Posts
That's part of a Lloydz Motorworks IAC valve. You can adjust it to eliminate exhaust popping (from deceleration)
If one has decel popping, do you turn the screw in (clockwise) or out? I'm asking for a very close friend. :angel

·
Registered
277 Posts
Meant to delete. Yes, found the ad on the Lloyd's page. I have a lot of backfiring, not decel pop. Maybe that's why.
If it's backfiring when you first open throttle, it's prob lean & need to close it a little, or could be any number of other things.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
786 Posts
If one has decel popping, do you turn the screw in (clockwise) or out? I'm asking for a very close friend. :angel
I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but I do not have the valve myself, so I do not know the particulars. Lo siento, señor

·
Premium Member
6,085 Posts
I turmed my one ALL OPEN, and left it for years like that .... If i close it the RPM changed ....

Andre using TaPaTaLk

·
Registered
12,222 Posts
I turmed my one ALL OPEN, and left it for years like that .... If i close it the RPM changed ....
Did that cure any decel popping, if you had it to begin with?

·
13,003 Posts
start over what kind of pipes. What as been done to the bike.
All vic's pack fire when up shifting
Tell us more

·
Registered
329 Posts
I've had that IAV on my Cross Country for years. It doesn't work. The only thing that it has ever done on my bike was lower the idle as you screw the valve in. I fought the backfiring forever. Did all the "fixes" that everyone tells you to do (exhaust header gaskets, rubber boots, etc). I have basically everything short of a big bore kit that Lloydz sells on my XC. The IAV is the only product that I think is worthless.

In the end the only thing that fixed the backfiring or decel popping was getting the bike dyno tuned by a tuner who knows what he is doing with Victory motorcycles. It needs to be a tuner experienced with Victory motorcycles who understands how to remove the backfiring. IIRC it's caused from a lean condition when you close the throttle. So they have to go into the power commander and add fuel at the throttle positions where the back firing typically happens.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Now the bike will barely run, except at 3k. Won't idle, surges wildly at low rpms a blows farts at everybody. I'm thinking fuel pump or tps.

·
Registered
12,222 Posts
Looking at this thread, it appears that it ran enough to ride it prior to tinkering with the IAV. A battery will not fix that.
Is that because IAVs are 110 volt ? :laugh

·
13,003 Posts
maybe some help. Remember this only works for idle control

1 - 20 of 42 Posts