Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey all,
I hope you have been well.
Well I am back..... nascar turns just aren't my thing.
I snapped some pictures when I was out riding on a country road for you guys to see what I am doing.
The curve/turn is posted 45mphs.
I was going back In fourth between 30 to 40mph.
I was bouncing off the yellow line through out the whole turn.
Any advice....

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,755 Posts
Just hold steady pressure on bars. Push left grip into the turn. Nothing crazy. Steady throttle or slowly increase through the curve. You want to start on the right side of that and go into the curve close to the line at the midpoint. Straighten the curve. If you are starting the curve at the left side of lane you will have a more difficult time with it at higher speed.

·
Premium Member
2,341 Posts
Just practice. By looking at the pictures the curves are easy 80mph curves. On a scooter or a cage.

·
Registered
1,668 Posts
Look far ahead and look where you want the bike to go.

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,755 Posts
Look far ahead and look where you want the bike to go.
This.

You mention your speed. Don't watch the speedometer! Watch the road. Look where you want to be going. You can set your speed before a curve but then commit to it and ride through it. Don't look at your speed while in the curve you need to focus on where you are going and your body will naturally take you there.

·
Premium Member
2,341 Posts
Hey all,
I hope you have been well.
Well I am back..... nascar turns just aren't my thing.
I snapped some pictures when I was out riding on a country road for you guys to see what I am doing.
The curve/turn is posted 45mphs.
I was going back In fourth between 30 to 40mph.
I was bouncing off the yellow line through out the whole turn.
Any advice....
View attachment 252111 View attachment 252112
Go into the curve in the center of the lane. Go at a speed you feel comfortable it takes practice. If you don't have a road with a lot of curves. Turn around and go through it from the other direction. There are days I don't feel comfortable in the curves, I'm off and I slow down, just not into it. The older I get the slower I go It hurts to hit the ground and I have several times in my 50+ years of riding. The curves in the pictures are good learning curves. You can see everything ahead and the road condition. Always beware of gravel and just after a rain all kinds of things can washed onto the road. Take your time it will come to you. It's a feeling and your comfortable and confident when you get into the groove.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Is it just a feeling or realistic.
When I ride on the far side of the road it feels like I am about to
get swept off into the ditch.
I always find myself hugging the yellow line instead of the white line.

·
Premium Member
2,341 Posts
Ride in the middle, center of the lane in curves. Your just going to have to learn to ride and to do that you have to ride. If you can't relax and overcome your fear. Then don't ride, sale your scooter and go on to something else.

Reactions: IndyVictory

·
Premium Member
6,230 Posts
I know in the US it is just too easy to get you driving licence, could you consider taking riding courses, it will help you a lot,

Do you use your front brake 70%
And rear brake 30%
For a sample?

Anyways be safe out there mate..

Andre using TaPaTaLk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts