Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
if everything goes right in a couple weeks me and the ole lady will be heading out for the trace we r going to ride it from the beginning to the end starting just the other side of nashville if we have enough time once we get to natchez ms we may head towards bourbon st in la
if anyone been thru there would appreciate some good places to eat like a mom and pop restuarnt

·
Registered
403 Posts
I was at the Natchez Trace State Park for a 2 week class a couple of years ago. It's absolutely awesome. I may have to take a cruise back up there one day. Have fun.

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I have been on that road a lot on the TN section for my job years ago but would love to ride the whole thing on my bike. Have fun and show us some pics!

·
Registered
545 Posts
I have ridden the Trace from south to north and from north to south... stay calm there will be motorhomes and trailers this time of year. There will also be unmarked federal police cars and small trucks... do not pass illegally or go too much over the posted speed limit (50mph in most places), they will ticket you and it's a federal court appearance. It can be a pleasant ride and ridden in one day if traffic allows... 482 miles from end to end. If you decide to make it a two day trip... best to get reservations at a motel this time of year. You have to get off the Trace to find a motel and also to find gas stations... there's a decent restaurant and gas station about the halfway point... sorry can't remember the exit.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ain't going to be in no hurry will probably take 2.5 days we r going to be site seerer on this trip

·
Registered
293 Posts
I did it a few years ago south to north and really enjoyed it. Lots of little places to stop and explore.

Spend some time in Muscle Shoals Alabama. Lots of good places to eat and great music culture.

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I have been on that road a lot on the TN section for my job years ago but would love to ride the whole thing on my bike. Have fun and show us some pics!
will do if i dont forget camra

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
will be leaving tommorrow to head towards the natchez trace

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Have a safe trip rainman!

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks tnxr hoping to be in ur area in bout a month to go ride the snake

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
image.jpg
Taken on the trace earlier today

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
image.jpg
Another pix

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
image.jpg
Here is another

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Thanks tnxr hoping to be in ur area in bout a month to go ride the snake
Send me a PM when you are going to be up this way and I'll go ride some of it with you if I am not working (and my XR is out of the shop)!

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Sunken trace

image.jpg

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Send me a PM when you are going to be up this way and I'll go ride some of it with you if I am not working (and my XR is out of the shop)!
Ok will do

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
well we made it home last night the trip was good until we got to fort payne ala then started to rain then got to trenton ga thru cleveland tn was some hard rain by the time we got to riceville tn it lighten up and just about quit by the time we got to the house all n all was a good week just a couple idiets on the whole trip stop at a vic dealer in alexandria La to get my belt readjusted good people there i would highly reccomend stopping there

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #18 (Edited)

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
Cool pics rainman, looks like you had a great trip!

·
Registered
944 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
oh we had a excellent trip over 1400 miles round trip and only a couple ideots so we cant complain and missed most of the
rain until we got bout 3 hours from the house

1 - 20 of 21 Posts