Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
UK based Question.......

Currently I have the Victory supercowl black screen, this is fine for the wind of my chest (to about 60/70 mph), and stops some buffeting and does not detract too much (I live on the coast and it blows most of the time). not much protection over 60 or if wind if force 4 or above!

I am looking to have a windshield for the rain / wintery days. I am looking for a screen for a 2009 Hammer S. To extend my riding time....i can't justify a sumer and winter bike!

Seen many threads re supercowel fly screen etc but I have a specific Q.

Has anyone expirence of the National Cycle chopped or 2 up screen with switchblade fixings ...on any Victory? Idealy on the Hammer S??

I have one vendor in the UK that offers this....

http://www.customcruisers.com/Custom2005/customshop2005/contents/en-uk/p9102.html

also intrested in the Victory lock and rid mid hight option....although Victory set up is £150 ($225) ish more so the National cycles looks a good buy? assuming good quality.
I have seen all the utube adverts etc...wanted to know if anyone has used the national switchblade set up.

Only going to use once or twice a week so I want quick release..

Any recomendations?? thanks.....

·
Registered
262 Posts
I have the national cycle chopped on my vegas. I like the way it looks, the quality is very Good. It's is super easy to install and remove. If you want max protection you might want the taller one.

·
Registered
92 Posts
i have the chopped tinted switchblade on my Kingpin and i only have good things to say!! regards!

·
Registered
111 Posts
I installed the National Switchblade mounts on my wife's 08 Vegas and she really loves it. She has the Deflector size for short rides, and the Chopped size for when we go on long trips, and the mounts are hardly noticeable when she rides naked.

Attachments

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
thanks for the comments and pictures, looks like the National Screen is a go.

·
Registered
3 Posts
I installed the National Switchblade mounts on my wife's 08 Vegas and she really loves it. She has the Deflector size for short rides, and the Chopped size for when we go on long trips, and the mounts are hardly noticeable when she rides naked.
I know I am digging up an old thread but when I searched this is only one of a couple that I could find that might help.

So my question is national cycle does not list the deflector as fitting the Vegas. Do you remember which model number or which bike you had to buy it for? My 04 Vegas came with the switchblade 2up which is bigger than I really like and being able to easily swap for the deflector might just be the ticket. On my previous bike I ran the fly screen and really liked that.

Thanks for the input.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts