Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have navigation mounted onto their Cross Country? If you buy everything from Victory it looks to be around $1000. Looking for some cheaper alternatives.

·
Registered
21 Posts
I have a Garmin NuVi that works pretty good. We bought it a year or so ago. My girlfriend just runs it from the rear seat. Works for me except when she says "Turn that way" :ltr:

I can't see spending that kind of cash to have the thing talk to me while I am driving. I have carried it on my old bike while solo and just pulled over to refer to it. The one we have has an internal battery and we bought a 110 cord for it so when we travel on the bike we can plug it in at the hotel.

I have seen generic GPS mounts at JP Cycle and such and we talked about seeing if Garmin made a shorter cord that wouldn't slap against the tank and could be plugged into the XC.

All in all I think there are much less expensive ways to go. The one thing I see that the GPS Victory offers has is Dealers preprogrammed in. But with a little work on the net before a trip you can find dealers near your route beforehand and just plug in the addresses. We did that last year when we were bike shopping down your way. Manchester, Rochester, Portsmouth, and on up into Maine.

Good Luck,
Sean

·
Registered
6 Posts
navigation

You can buy the same garmin zumo 660 on line rebuilt by garmin for much less, then buy adaptor from victory. plugs right in plays through factory speakers

·
Registered
1 Posts
I use a handlebar RAM mount for iphone and use the tom tom app on it. I just got the aux plug and plug in the power plug to my fairing and mini jack to aux port to get music...of course i have to control my music from the iphone...but that doesn't bother me...I usually create new playlists for every ride. I've also used pandora app to stream music while riding (must have your wireless data connection).

1 - 4 of 4 Posts