Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. Been lurking around the site for the past couple of weeks. Finally made the decision to pick up the bike, so I wanted to to join up. I picked up a 2004 Kingpin Deluxe Touring Edition with 11,xxx miles on a trade, so I'm out $0 dollars on this one haha. I've read a lot of positive things about this bike, so I'm pretty excited about it. I have owned Harley's in the past, but this will be my first bike of another brand. With that said, what recommendations do you guys have for me on the Kingpin?? I'd love to hear some opinions along with reading the various forum topics!! Thanks guys!!

·
Registered
12,150 Posts
Welcome Kevin from the Pacific Northwet. There's a lot not to like about a Victory after owing Harleys and I'll list a few:
+ You will never get to meet the guys in the shop.
+ Your tools will gather dust.
+ An oil change is not an all day event and oil doesn't slobber over the front of the engine.
+ Engine mods are too cheap and too effective.
+ You will be buying a lot more gasoline.
+ you'll have to figure what to do with closets and drawers full of H-D gear.
+ You'll kick yourself for not buying a Victory years ago.

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Well I'm glad to hear that. I can definitely get used to not having to use half a roll of shop towels to clean up after an oil change!!

·
Registered
12,150 Posts
Well I'm glad to hear that. I can definitely get used to not having to use half a roll of shop towels to clean up after an oil change!!
I thought you Harley guys lived for that! :devil

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I thought you Harley guys lived for that! :devil
Yea, well, it does get old haha. That and the wife got tired of having to hopskotch her way through the shop to miss the oil spots haha

·
Premium Member
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hello there Luciferiad. I'm sure I will be heading up that way on the new steed. Maybe we can meet up sometime!!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
Absolutely! I know some pretty unusual back roads and a couple interesting places.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts