Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone care to make a recommendation for a concealed carry IWB, and/or an OWB holster, which will be mainly for the range, that you personally use...and why you like it?

·
Registered
2,253 Posts
subscribed

·
Registered
352 Posts

·
Registered
383 Posts
N82Tactical

Best IWB holster I have or have worn....ad tere have been many. It is soft, conforms to your body and unlike alot of IWB holsters the butt of your weapon does not touch your skin.....that in and of itself makes it a winner.

Second choice and the one I use alot when riding is the Ron's Holster. as simple as it is, it is great for riding and you barely even know you have it.

Third choice and my second when riding is the 5.11 concealed shirt. A bit spendy but for riding they work great.

·
Premium Member
13,167 Posts
Alien Gear holsters are ok. A lot like the Crossbreed and the Oldfaithful one pictured above. I would stay away from the soft loops though. In theory they work great but in practice; not so much.

The new tuckable belt loops they have available sound pretty much the same as the Crossbreed type.

Any IWB holster is only going to be as good as the belt it is attached to though. A good gun belt doesn't have to be expensive. Simply doubling the leather and stitching it and gluing the two layers together will do it. Anything more than that is simply layering the cake with pretty stuff.

If you ever want to have two belts stitched together with the buckle section being the standard thickness; shoot me a PM and I'll send you my address so you can send me what you want stitched. I'll do it for you (and anyone else) for under $20 and that includes shipping it back to you.

Heck; I might as well put this $3k leather stitching machine I bought to make heat shield/deflectors to good use. Maybe some day it will even pay for itself.

·
Registered
692 Posts
N82Tactical

Best IWB holster I have or have worn....ad tere have been many. It is soft, conforms to your body and unlike alot of IWB holsters the butt of your weapon does not touch your skin.....that in and of itself makes it a winner.

Second choice and the one I use alot when riding is the Ron's Holster. as simple as it is, it is great for riding and you barely even know you have it.

Third choice and my second when riding is the 5.11 concealed shirt. A bit spendy but for riding they work great.

I have the N82 holster for my Sig, it is super comfortable but that is quickly crushed by how hard it is to get out of the holster, not much use if you can't get your gun out.

It requires you to twist the gun a bit to release it but depending on your seating position it can be difficult, also with the padding being so thick it makes it difficult to get a good grip.

I always seem to be pulled back to the crossbreed/foxx style holsters.

Sent from Motorcycle.com App

·
Registered
383 Posts
Agree to a point, but I have not found a single holster that is easy to draw from in a seated position. As far as twisting a bit to draw, it just takes a second of practice.

When I carry and ride I always use a shoulder holster, the Ron's or the 5.11 shirt.

I don't like ANY IWB when riding, and nothing much IWB is easy to pull from when seated.

I have the N82 holster for my Sig, it is super comfortable but that is quickly crushed by how hard it is to get out of the holster, not much use if you can't get your gun out.

It requires you to twist the gun a bit to release it but depending on your seating position it can be difficult, also with the padding being so thick it makes it difficult to get a good grip.

I always seem to be pulled back to the crossbreed/foxx style holsters.

·
Registered
692 Posts
I have found the Kydex on leather a good all around fit. Great retention and easy to draw from, most all positions. Tried a few in CQC courses where the iwb is used as a backup and they work well.

·
Registered
261 Posts
There are so many holsters available now, it would be hard to pick one. If just looking for a "Range" Holster, it really doesn't matter what one you use. I have Fobus, Blackhawk and Blade Tech holsters that I use for range and competition.

I carry a Kimber Pro-CDP every day in a Don Hume, also have Don Hume for my S&W Model 19. Something about the leather that conforms to the body in a way that polymer holsters can't do. Galco also makes one helluva holster. Great for range work. In my opinion, they are a bit too bulky for concealed carry as they have a lining.

Just do your best to try what ever holster before you buy it. Last bit of advice, Don't cheap out....... quality leather is not cheap, but it is forever.

·
Registered
681 Posts
I have the alien gear iwb and owb and I like them both. Very comfortable. I wear a bullhide belt, and they ain't cheap but they're great gun belts. Thick leather and pretty damn stiff, excellent for holding up a gun thumb up

1 - 15 of 15 Posts