Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got done riding and noticed smoke coming from near the front right foot peg. After some inspections and checking fluids I found out it was definitely brake fluid. Found where its leaking from by the right foot peg. I'm looking for some tips on replacing either the whole rear brake line or just a piece. Should I have to remove the exhaust to be able to replace this brake line? Is there something I could do to prevent this in the future? Not sure if it occurred from wear and tear or the exhaust melting a hole. I asked a local dealership and they said it wasn't covered by the recall for exhaust melting brake lines/wires. Maybe after I replace it I use some sort of heat resistant wrap or try braided line? Thanks in advance.

2016 Victory Vegas

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
2,977 Posts
Looks like tight space so removing exhaust seems likely.

Reactions: Twayne

·
Registered
27 Posts
Got done riding and noticed smoke coming from near the front right foot peg. After some inspections and checking fluids I found out it was definitely brake fluid. Found where its leaking from by the right foot peg. I'm looking for some tips on replacing either the whole rear brake line or just a piece. Should I have to remove the exhaust to be able to replace this brake line? Is there something I could do to prevent this in the future? Not sure if it occurred from wear and tear or the exhaust melting a hole. I asked a local dealership and they said it wasn't covered by the recall for exhaust melting brake lines/wires. Maybe after I replace it I use some sort of heat resistant wrap or try braided line? Thanks in advance.

2016 Victory Vegas
View attachment 253973
I am surprised that it is not covered. That definitely looks like heat damage caused by the exhaust. It would be a good idea to remove the exhaust when fixing the leak and installing a barrier between the exhaust and break line. there are several brands of high heat silicone that might do the trick If you cannot get heat wrap tape around that tight area. have fun ride safe.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I am surprised that it is not covered. That definitely looks like heat damage caused by the exhaust. It would be a good idea to remove the exhaust when fixing the leak and installing a barrier between the exhaust and break line. there are several brands of high heat silicone that might do the trick If you cannot get heat wrap tape around that tight area. have fun ride safe.
Thanks for the reply. My brother had this same issue after installing a custom exhaust on his vic. He used some type of heat foil that seems to be holding up. I think that's what I'm gonna try to use.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Thanks for the reply. My brother had this same issue after installing a custom exhaust on his vic. He used some type of heat foil that seems to be holding up. I think that's what I'm gonna try to use.
When I actually thought about it I realized that you were going to wrap the exhaust pipe, not the brake line, as I get older I seem to be getting dumber. Yeah using heat wrap on the pipe will work.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts