Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
2011 Cross Country Cory Ness #148 just purchased the bike new from a dealer and need advice on how to clean/polish the diamond cut edges on the cylinder heads. They shine now but is there something I can use to keep the shine up?

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
2011 Cross Country Cory Ness #148 just purchased the bike new from a dealer and need advice on how to clean/polish the diamond cut edges on the cylinder heads. They shine now but is there something I can use to keep the shine up?
Pig Spit
pigspit.jpg

·
Registered
1,858 Posts
Welcome to the world of Ness...

I've had #120 for about 16 months now. I normally don't ride in the rain but have been "caught" in downpours so have had to clean the bike but amazingly the diamond-cut cylinder heads have not been any problem AT ALL. You can simply clean them just like the rest of the bike (sponge & water) with no special treatment and they continue to look as stunning as ever. I think it is due to the way the facets are cut into them. Dirt water drips right off and you can pretty much just use any old terry cloth towel to wipe down those edges.

·
Registered
782 Posts
Spray on S100

Rinse off with water

Blow dry with electric leaf blower or something similar, don;t allow any water to remain and you won't get water spots

Do nothing else

thumb up

1 - 4 of 4 Posts