Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Need some help, I installed LLoydz VM1 cams, Torque Tubes, PCV with a map from Vicshop on my 2012 Vegas 8 ball. I drove about 200 miles after that and no issues. Today noticed that when I was in second and first gear in low rpm, the RPM dropped and looks like the bike shutoff. The bike restarted fine drove perfectly and again after I slowed down in first and second gear when I reved, it shut off and I was able to restart again. Any ideas on what could be happening? Could it be due to bike running rich or lean from the map? Suggestions are much appreciated

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Need some help, I installed LLoydz VM1 cams, Torque Tubes, PCV with a map from Vicshop. I drove about 200 miles after that and no issues. Today noticed that when I was in second and first gear in low rpm, the RPM dropped and looks like the bike shutoff. The bike restarted fine drove perfectly and again after I slowed down in first and second gear when I reved, it shut off and I was able to restart again. Any ideas on what could be happening? Could it be due to bike running rich or lean from the map? Suggestions are much appreciated
As always when this happens start by remaking your battery connections. Be sure they are clean and tight. Sounds like they may be loose which gives the ecm fits.

·
Premium Member
13,729 Posts
If you put the year and model in your sig line and your location in under your forum name it helps when trying to help you.

Joe gave good advice. Check your battery terminal connections to start with. Depending on what you have a reset on the TPS might help.

·
Registered
4,091 Posts
If your bike wasn't doing this stall prior to the tune, then that's likely the cause. I'd bet your not getting proper fueling in the low rpm's(probably everywhere) on the canned map. Your upgrades are substantial, especially the cams. Since you spent the money and time on the "mechanicals" you should really do the most important part and have your setup properly dyno tuned. Besides fixing the stall, you'll gain performance and know your not doing any harm to your engine.

·
Premium Member
13,729 Posts
I'd go back and check your PC-V connections too and make sure they are fully snapped in and connected.

Also, it's great that we now know what you have, but won't in the future and will have to ask all over again unless you put that info in your signature line using the forum Control Panel.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
Also be sure that the ground to the PCV is placed as it shows in the install drawing. Most fuel controllers appreciate that. It gives them the best chance of trouble free operation.

·
Premium Member
1,608 Posts
If you installed an IAV as well....try removing it (go back to stock set up on IAC) and running without it.

Reactions: visionjohnny

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Please see attached map I got from vicshop, do you think I am getting too much fuel that may be causing the stall. I noticed it happens at low rpm and when blippin, can you pls take a look at snap shot of the fuel and ignition maps thx

Attachments

·
13,263 Posts
Victorys don't like blipping the throttle. Stop doing it

1 - 10 of 10 Posts