Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all.

I am looking at a 2006 Kingpin deluxe with 6K miles. It has a very unique custom paint job that ran the owner 3100.00. How much more should I expect to pay (if any) for this? Does it actually increase the value of the bike??

Thanks,
Keith

·
Super Moderator
6,378 Posts
I wouldn't expect it to raise the price by that much. How long has it been painted like that?

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it had the custom paint on the magazine so it must have been painted shortly after he bought it. It also has lots of chrome added.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
If you took that bike to a dealer for trade in, they probably wouldn't give you a nickel extra for it.... So I would say in general, no. But, if you like it enough to light cash on fire for it, that's all that matters.cheers

·
Registered
12,318 Posts
An item is worth what someone is willing to pay for it--what are you willing to pay Keith? The end of the riding and selling season is drawing nigh and if he doesn't have any other buyers on the string, you are in the driver's seat. Check the KBB and make your offer, remembering that you can (and should) start low and come up from there.
IMO, what one adds to a vehicle can detract from the selling price, depending on one's taste. No matter what he paid for the paint and chrome goodies, its still a nine year old bike. Give him a low ball offer and see if he bites.

·
Registered
117 Posts
You have to ask yourself. If you had 2 bikes sitting side by side, one with the custom paint with chrome and the other stock from the factory but in the same condition otherwise, how much more would you be willing to pay for the customized bike? Does the paint increase its value to you? It is worth only what someone is willing to pay. Good luck.

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
Ya , what Ric said....thumb up

·
Registered
2,699 Posts
Loan value may change from the accessories (apprx $.25 for every $1.00 the parts cost) but wouldn't increase for the paint. This pretty much means if you're going to finance it at higher than bank value you would have to pay the difference between purchase price and bank value.

I had a troop once that had a car that was worth about $300. He put about $1000 into the stereo and thought he had a $1300 car. In reality he had a $300 car with a boom boom stereo...

·
Registered
1,414 Posts
You have to ask yourself. If you had 2 bikes sitting side by side, one with the custom paint with chrome and the other stock from the factory but in the same condition otherwise, how much more would you be willing to pay for the customized bike? Does the paint increase its value to you? It is worth only what someone is willing to pay. Good luck.
This is a good way to judge just what the bike's upgrades are worth to you. With that information and the KBB you should be able to determine how much to offer. Any more than that is a dream by someone who put his money in the wrong place.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
It only increases the value of the bike to people who would like the same paint job. If you don't care then the add-on is zero. If you hate it then the price is much less because you have to pay to get it covered, right? If he is prepared to wait until someone with the same taste comes along then fine, go look for another bike. Somewhere in between is where the negotiating comes in and only you can decide how much it appeals to you.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Thanks all. He is asking 9200.00 which seems fair for low miles and condition. I will sleep on this for a few days! thumb up

1 - 12 of 12 Posts