Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Searched but no luck.....

(Think) I need one for hotel stays as measure to discourage tampering overnight. Rain protection is valued but waterproof isn't a requirement.

I know Vic makes a good one but worry it will be too bulky. I'd like something that will compact well and is light in color.

Lots of choices on Amazon but knowing which ones will fit the XCT is the problem.

Suggestions??

·
Registered
4,091 Posts

·
Registered
234 Posts

·
Registered
33 Posts
I purchased this one last fall and it works great. The only interference was the long antenna, but have since replaced it with a shorter antenna.

[ame]http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000GU7I72/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/ame]

·
13,262 Posts
what ever you buy MAKE sure it has the "heat resistant lower panels"
so the cover doesn't melt on the exhaust

·
Registered
483 Posts
Searched but no luck.....

(Think) I need one for hotel stays as measure to discourage tampering overnight. Rain protection is valued but waterproof isn't a requirement.

I know Vic makes a good one but worry it will be too bulky. I'd like something that will compact well and is light in color.

Lots of choices on Amazon but knowing which ones will fit the XCT is the problem.

Suggestions??

Do you know if it is the same as the XR ?...if it is ? I have a brand new one that i got with mine , I'm sure we could work something out. I'm just not a cover guy. Matter of fact i have one that came with a Nomad years ago as well...

·
Registered
263 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Do you know if it is the same as the XR ?...if it is ? I have a brand new one that i got with mine , I'm sure we could work something out. I'm just not a cover guy. Matter of fact i have one that came with a Nomad years ago as well...
Thanks but I'm kind of doubting that it would go over the XCT's fairing and trunk.

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
We have two covers one for each vic.
I bought one for my Ultra when I had it and now use it for the wife's xr, the other we bought this year for the xc.
They both were sized for large touring motorcycles and the both fit the XR with it's tall factory windshield and my XC with a madstad 11" windshield, tubular crashbars, police rear crash bars and a HD classic touring trunk which is bigger than the Vic offering.
There isn't a lot of extra room but they both fit just fine both front and back on both bikes.

They are two different brands. Both have heat resistant panels etc.
One important thing is that one of them takes up 2x the space of the other when packed up in it's bag. This is very important if you want to take them with you on the road. I bought them both at a farm supply.
The one that packs up the smallest when packed up, which is what I would recommend is made by Classic Accessories. I just went out and looked at the tag.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I bought mine (factory original CCT cover) from the dealership when I bought my bike, yes it was expensive (whats too much to protect my rather expensive investment in this bike), but it fits perfectly and when you roll it up and put it in it's pouch it fits nicely in the side bag with room to spare.

·
Registered
761 Posts
Thanks but I'm kind of doubting that it would go over the XCT's fairing and trunk.
that's the problem with asking a "fitment" question. You'll get answers to everything that fits "their" bike and few that actually fit the XCT that you're asking about. :(

·
Registered
2,414 Posts
that's the problem with asking a "fitment" question. You'll get answers to everything that fits "their" bike and few that actually fit the XCT that you're asking about. :(
Excellent point. Maybe it's best to make sure of the return policy before you order something or buy it locally. Make sure your bike is cold and spotless before you try it on, then return it immediately if it doesn't fit. Be aware of the size difference when packed up though. It was significant with our two covers. The difference between 1/2 a saddlebag of usable space left and 2/3rds left for clothes. When you are hitting the road for a week that's a large difference. A pair of jeans and 1 or 2 cotton tee shirt at least.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts