Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to move my clutch pedal back (controls are in the farthest back position already) and cannot find a replacement pedal that will give me that advantage. Any ideas?

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
My apologies . I have not seen shorter shift / brake levers available as of yet , Just wondering you must be tiny , have you lowered your bike or had the seat modified to get you closer to the ground . If reaching the levers is difficult / uncomfy , touching the ground must be challenging too .

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
You may want to email Witch Doctors and see if he could make you a custom set , or even a modified set of pegs that could get them closer to you ....

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
I see you are from MA , me too !:)

·
Premium Member
8,836 Posts
I would like to move my clutch pedal back (controls are in the farthest back position already) and cannot find a replacement pedal that will give me that advantage. Any ideas?
post a pic of you sitting on the bike and we'll see what we can work out for you.

·
Registered
12,246 Posts
You can go to a saddle customizer and have him modify your saddle to move you forward. If you have difficulty reaching the shifter, you must also have too much of a reach to the bars. Having the seat move you toward them should give you what you want--and a more comfortable saddle too.
You'll have to forgive KevinX, he's been stuck in his shop and hasn't seen a woman in decades. So he doesn't know how they think. I'm here to help you out. Out of what is up to you.:)

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
You'll have to forgive KevinX, he's been stuck in his shop and hasn't seen a woman in decades.
As true as your statement may be Ric , I think its me she has to forgive . I will fix that post now ...

·
Registered
12,246 Posts
As true as your statement may be Ric , I think its me she has to forgive . I will fix that post now ...
....and take your foot out of your mouth too?:ltr:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Thank you all. No offense taken on the "he" reference. I had my bike lowered already but it would be more comfy if the two pedals were closer to me.

·
Premium Member
6,146 Posts
What bike you have?
Could you post a picture of the bike?

I have seen some pull-back shifters long time ago on Victory.Only or WD .... sure something is out there.

PS, welcome to the site, and Victory

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Shifter pedal problem

Hi,
Thanks to all for your help. I've been on vacation so I need to get a picture of the shifter pedal issue I am having. This will come soon.

Thanks,
MsQueen

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Picture of shifter pedal location

Hi,
I'm including a picture of the shifter (red arrow) as it's too far up so I have to reach when shifting up and down. I may have to remove the heel shifter as my foot is too tight up against it. So my problem is that I have to reach when up/down shifting and literally have to move my foot every time. I was told I shouldn't have to move my foot as it should be stationary when shifting. This is not the case. Any other ideas would help.
I was initially looking for a shifter pedal/knob that would be slightly inverted, bringing the shifter pedal closer to the back of the bike, so my foot could reach it better.

Thanks,
MsQueen

Attachments

·
Premium Member
6,146 Posts
Read this archive,

http://www.victoryforums.com/archive/index.php/t-18306.html

You could buy another shifter arm and drill // Tap halfway on that shifter arm another "peg bolt-on" so that would bring the "peg" 2 inch closer to you.... only shifting would be slightly heavier, but vics do not shift heavy anyway,

Give it a try, or call your dealer or fabricator to make a new shifter-arm, this would only take 1 day for a nice guy trying to help you ?

And see below links;

http://www.motorcyclecruiser.com/just-adjust-set-your-motorcycle-to-fit-you

http://buywitchdoctors.com/p/1216/victory-motorcycle-parts-foot-extensions-jackpot-vegas-highball-motorcycles-rearward-relocation-sc-339/

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
1 - 20 of 27 Posts