Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
have a 06 vegas. gonna need a new 180 55 18 rear tire and drive belt soon. where is the best place online to get this stuff? anyone have a tire brand preference? it has a dunlop on it now that was on it when i bought it. thanks

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Been through about all the possible replacement tires on the rear of my KP, and every single one has some type of issue that I consider unacceptable. Avons wear to quick, Metzlers were way to picky about air pressure, and wobbles, Bridgestones took way to long to settle into a good ride. Last tire was back to stock, but I am about to switch to the HD branded Dunlop D407. It is used on the 08> SE Roide Glide, and is made for the right weight while it is also a ply tire, and should not haver the picky wobble problems of the aftermarket radials

·
Registered
18 Posts
My drive belt has 42,000 on it and still looks good, but I don't abuse it......much.
On my '02 Classic I have had the same issues with Metzlers, which also seem slick in the rain. I had better luck with the Dunlop Elite III tires. Since I am switching to Kinpin wheels on my Classic in the VERY near future, I am looking for alternatives to Dunlop as well. Thanks Kevin for ruling out Avons. I guess I will be going with Dunlops again. I guess I'll try the D407 and an Elite III on the front.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts