Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just got my recently acquired '06 Jackpot out at night last night. I'm terribly disappointed by the stock headlight. Back roads only felt semi-safe if I left the low beam on and held the flash-to-pass down so that low and hi were on at the same time. It could just be the need for brighter bulbs, but it really seems like the pattern leaves much to be desired.

My first instinct is to get HID upgrades from Crossroads and hope the extra brightness will overcome the seemingly poor reflectors. However, I'd like to know if anyone has changed out the entire headlight assembly, what they changed to, and their satisfaction level. It wouldn't hurt my feelings to lose the chrome factory light because I'm hoping to slowly blackout the bike anyway. Pictures of any alternate assemblies would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance! cheers

·
Registered
96 Posts
This winter I changed the stock Halogen light on my '06 for the Victory Factory HID part. I haven't ridden the bike since the swap, but my tests after install showed a huge improvement in the garage! It's the factory replacement lens unit (bolts right in the housing) along with the special cable and ballast that mounts (with rivets) under the seat. I understand it's a pricey part at ~$400 or so (I was fortunate that the previous owner sent it along with the bike when I bought it last Nov.), but it's a factory part specifically designed/engineered for the bike and bolts right in.

- Joel

·
Premium Member
1,181 Posts
one more thing is light alignment. I always adjust my light upwards for the low beam. 3rd shift is a must for headlight going back and forth to work. I would leave it just loose enough so when I am riding I can adjust the headlight for the road. Then once I determined that I have the beam right, I tighten it back up. It seems the factory has a spec of aiming the light more down. Cars have 2 lights to your one. So I always realign the light to my driving conditions.thumb up

·
12,984 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I just ordered the hi/low kit from VictoryHID.com. I'm also going to investigate the aim in the meantime. I've never seen such poor light from a bike, so I have to imagine there is a reason. Thanks!

·
Administrator
5,947 Posts
I just ordered the hi/low kit from VictoryHID.com. I'm also going to investigate the aim in the meantime. I've never seen such poor light from a bike, so I have to imagine there is a reason. Thanks!
It will be very easy to aim once the HID's are in. There will be very little guesswork as to where the headlight's pointed. thumb up :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts