Victory Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, this is my first post on this website, but I figured before I spend the money I might want to check with some knowledgeable people on which bike to buy.

I'm currently riding a 2003 Honda Shadow ACE and I'm looking to upgrade to the Victory Vegas Jackpot. My dilemma is I went to look at the Victory's (by the way they looked awesome), but after speaking with the sales associate at Mom's South, I'm trying to decided between a 2008 Victory Arlen Ness Vegas Jackpot or a 2009 Vegas Jackpot with the 106 ci engine both are brand new and come with the 5 year warranty. There's a difference of about a thousand dollars between the two of them. Help a brother decide...

Now that's the easy part, this is going to be the though part, I've got to convince my fiancee to let me get the bike.... Don't know how I'm going to do that one.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Jim

·
Registered
119 Posts
Now that's the easy part, this is going to be the though part, I've got to convince my fiancee to let me get the bike.... Don't know how I'm going to do that one.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Gma' and I have been married a l-o-n-g time. Last year she bought me my new Kingpin tour (07'). She knows my life insured value will reduce in a couple years. I threatened to buy her a "Prius". The new phone books arrived the other day. My first name is gone, hers is in it's place. She says she doesn't understand how that could have happened. What do you think? Should I be a little nervous, or should I just enjoy my Kingpin? Did that help with the tough part?

·
Registered
243 Posts
just because your getting married doesn't mean your getting neutered, if she is giving you problems about the bike now, look out after your married,

imo

steve

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
For what its worth get the bike that you feel best about.

Is the problem a financial issue with your fiance? If so then you need to be sure that you can afford the payments or the cash layout. Were you riding when she met you? If so then it is something she will have to deal with.

I was riding when I met my fiance and if she had given me grief over the bike it would have been she has to deal with it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Diamondrmp,
Thats a really great wife that you must have, especially if she gets you a kingpin, but given the rest of the story you might want to change your beneficiaries. JK. Thanks for the advice, I guess I don't have it as bad.

Stieve3x,
I had the Honda before we got together. She's cool about me riding, just not keen on getting a new bike. She's more interested in starting the family right away (you know that internal clock they have is ticking away). Probably doesn't help that she robbed the cradle with me.

In the past year we bought two new cars, two new oil furnaces (one at her house, one at mine), we're paying for the wedding on our own, and we have to do the siding over on her house. So we've definitely have spent a small fortune in the past year on everything, but with the deals going on with victory right now, I'm not sure how they will be in the future. Right now it seems like a buyers market.

Which bike would you guys go with the 100 ci 2008 Arlen New Jackpot (red one) or the 106 ci 2009 Jackpot (probably stock)? Both are brand new and ride great (I know in the future I will add pipes to the 2009, the 2008 comes with swept pipes)

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
Diamondrmp,
Thats a really great wife that you must have, especially if she gets you a kingpin, but given the rest of the story you might want to change your beneficiaries. JK. Thanks for the advice, I guess I don't have it as bad.

Huh????? Kingpin? Wife? Rest of the story? I'm not following you at all.

My fiance loves my bike. She rides with me most of the time.

·
The Diamond
4,001 Posts
106 you get a little more HP and TQ. Personally I would go with the least expensive of the two and use the extra thousand or so for modifications.

·
Registered
119 Posts
Huh????? Kingpin? Wife? Rest of the story? I'm not following you at all.

My fiance loves my bike. She rides with me most of the time.
Diamond, I think I messed up the your man. I think the wife and Kingpin thing was in response to what I wrote at entry #2. Sorry to confuse the issue.
It sounds to me like they are heavy in debt, and should enjoy what they have until they can afford what they want. It would be heartbreaking to buy a Vic, and have to give it up.
Just an old guy's view.

·
Registered
163 Posts
I would go for the 2008 Arlen Ness no doubt. You will save in the long run because you will want to add chrome and after market chrome is expensive, Plus the Arlen Ness should have the diamond cut heads and will turn more heads right out of the showroom. IMO.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I ride a roadstar 1700, but bought and o6 jackpot and brought it home and parked it on the carport and did not tell her i was buying one. When she got home i told her that there was her bike. she was mad at first, but after she rode the jackpot , she loved it. She loves the preformance and the fact that it will outrun the roadstar. Then i get to ride it sometimes when she doesn't ride. Works for me, don't know if it will work for you. lol.

·
Registered
755 Posts
Yea,but did he get married?Or did he get the bike?:ltr:
From what I read...I bet she grabbed his balls squeez them really hard, looked him in the eye and said "you are not getting that fcking bike." and he said OK honey. And we never heard back from him since. :ltr::ltr:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts