Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Need help finding a shifter ratchet for my 2000 V92sc. Every place I found online says they don't carry them anymore. Anyone have a lead that could help me out?! Thanks in advance.

Number 13 in the picture.

Attachments

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I've read that post multiple times. Shows how to replace. But I don't have/can't find a replacement ratchet. Mine is snapped in half.

·
Registered
483 Posts
Looks like the part number changed to 2201650 but I'm not finding that either.

I hope this is not the future of my bike's parts.

·
Premium Member
8,946 Posts
I've read that post multiple times. Shows how to replace. But I don't have/can't find a replacement ratchet. Mine is snapped in half.
What about finding a used one?
Surely there's people wrecking out Vic's over there?

Shift ratchet seems to be the weak link in precise shifting on these machines.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have both pieces. I think I'm going to try and weld it back together. I don't know what else to do. Bike is completely useless without it.

·
Registered
2,322 Posts
Is there a competent small machine shop in your area?
Depending how it is broken they may be able to drill both sides of the shaft, bore them and press a pin inside of it then plug weld it or something similar. If they are any good it will be usable when they are done. When they see it they might have an easier way to fix it too.

If you fail to weld it properly your probably going to end up at the machine shop anyway trying to get it fixed. Take it by them first and see what they have to say. Might be cheaper than you think depending on what they see.

·
Premium Member
1,590 Posts
Possibly 12 & 13 are the same as the newer versions. The only difference may be that #14 is now incorporated into #13

I can send you a broken (snapped in 1/2) newer version, just pay shipping and you can verify.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts