Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok first time to post so sorry if I screw this up. I have a 2011 White/grey or silver Cross Country and wanting to change the color and love the new orange but thinking of doing a FLAT white with all black on the exhaust and everything else. I will be trying to do all the powder coating myself..YIKES.

So colors I'm thinking of. Remember all black (exhaust, mirrors, forks)

Gun metal grey flat or gloss
White (flat)
Orange (flat)
Red myabe candy apple (Flat)

Any other suggestion?

Thanks,
Brian cheers

·
Registered
12,330 Posts
Just do it up the way YOU want it to look. It appears you are on a good track. Thhe flat white is unique and some judicious highlights or pinstriping in an accent color can break up the broader expanses.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I would but in big trouble with the wife. I don't even have the bike yet and have the parts and painting equipment but no color..Told her we can ride until I paint it. So I need a fellow Riders opinion..

·
Registered
336 Posts
I wouldn't do flat white. We did that on one of our spare bikes, a bobbed Kaw Vulcan and PC'd everything black. The end result looks like it is in primer waiting for paint. Even against other flats, the flat white just looks completely unfinished.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Good to know. I kinda know what you are talking about I was at the auto paint store and they had flat white near flat black and it looked unfinished but didnt know if it would look diff on the bike.

·
Registered
336 Posts
Unfortunately it doesn't. It doesn't look bad, it just has no depth to it at all which doesn't allow the only thing youve got, the bikes curves, to stand out. If we were doing it again, which we will, I would lean towards a flat orange, blue or silver.

I have thought seriously about a blue for my XR. I just saw a new Jeep the other day that had a sort of blue/silver paint on it. If I had the Photoshop skills, I would do up a XR in that color to see how it would look.

I also like the way the graphics on some of the Victory Police bikes look. Would be interesting to follow their lines but mix the colors up a bit. Personally, I love black and white but it screams police bike.

·
Registered
229 Posts

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I was looking at a flat blue but didn't know..My wife luvs blue a lot but I would like to lean more towards the orange or red. I like the new Ness color on the 2013 that grey looks so sweet.. Why does this have to be so hard!!! haha

·
Registered
2,407 Posts
I plan on painting my XR in a few years, not a big fan of the red but Vic don't give you much to choose from. I am also going with a blue with some flake in it but leaving most of the chrome the way it is.

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Good looking tanks gibson. I'm more of a straight line kinda guy. I do love the shark tank I wonder how that would look on a victory tank..

·
Registered
636 Posts
Be very careful of the flat colors..... if you scuff it, you cannot buff it out like you can with a gloss paint finish.....just repeating what I was told and what I have seen with my own retinas.......

·
Registered
108 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Good to know.. I will look into that.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts