Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok I trying to install some passenger foot pegs ( Arlen Ness) on a 2014 XC my problem is I don't know how to remove what seems like a cap at the end of the pin used to hold the foot peg in place. Any ideals?

·
Registered
12,209 Posts
Can we assume you have a Victory, since you posted on a Victory forum? In other words, how about some details and maybe a photo so we can be of help. You might want to enter a complete signature. We can help you, but first, you have to help us.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Do a search on YouTube or at http://www.BuyWitchDoctors.com for rear passenger peg removal. I went through it a few months ago when I installed a set of WitchDoctors floorboards for my wife on the original footpeg mounts.

There's an almost microscopic (I'm not kidding) retaining ring on the non-flanged end of the pin holding the pegs in place, good luck seeing it if you wear bifocals. I wound up using a Dremel with a cutting bit on it and managed not to mangle the powder coating on the peg mount but it was more luck than skill. Jon at WitchDoctors recommends using a small chisel I believe to cut that stupid retaining ring and then follows up with get out the Dremel if that doesn't work.

The passenger foot pegs on Vics are not user friendly when it comes to removing them, but on the other hand changing the oil is a ten minute job.

·
Registered
12,209 Posts
Foto Joe...apparently you knew what he was talking about. Are all Vic passenger pegs secured that way?

·
Registered
415 Posts
As far as I know. It's actually a great way to attach 'em as they definitely are NOT going to fall off but they are a BITCH to remove. On the other hand the pins are easier than removing the entire mounting bracket.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Do a search on YouTube or at http://www.BuyWitchDoctors.com for rear passenger peg removal. I went through it a few months ago when I installed a set of WitchDoctors floorboards for my wife on the original footpeg mounts.

There's an almost microscopic (I'm not kidding) retaining ring on the non-flanged end of the pin holding the pegs in place, good luck seeing it if you wear bifocals. I wound up using a Dremel with a cutting bit on it and managed not to mangle the powder coating on the peg mount but it was more luck than skill. Jon at WitchDoctors recommends using a small chisel I believe to cut that stupid retaining ring and then follows up with get out the Dremel if that doesn't work.

The passenger foot pegs on Vics are not user friendly when it comes to removing them, but on the other hand changing the oil is a ten minute job.
Thanks I just found it on you tube and placed an order for the replacement pin. It would of been nice for Arlen Ness to have a note mentioning that you would need a replacement pin. What did you use?

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Can we assume you have a Victory, since you posted on a Victory forum? In other words, how about some details and maybe a photo so we can be of help. You might want to enter a complete signature. We can help you, but first, you have to help us.
RICZ, I did put 2014 XC (Cross Country) in my original post. I'll work on my signature, I've had the bike for about three weeks now and I'm just starting to add accessories. Floorboards, mirrors, grips, brake & clutch levers, license plate bracket, saddlebag liners & bag locking pins. Once I get these items installed I'll work on my signature.

·
Registered
12,209 Posts
My apologies--blame it on me being a crotchety old guy. For a laydown license bracket, click on the first link in my signature. The only one with its own threads. Many here have it and like what it does for the lines of their bikes.

·
Registered
372 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
My apologies--blame it on me being a crotchety old guy. For a laydown license bracket, click on the first link in my signature. The only one with its own threads. Many here have it and like what it does for the lines of their bikes.
I went with the Kuryakyn version .

·
Registered
12,209 Posts
I went with the Kuryakyn version
Now I'm going to miss a rent payment for my room at the old folks home. I hope you feel guilty.:(

·
Registered
415 Posts
MrXC2014 said:
Thanks I just found it on you tube and placed an order for the replacement pin. It would of been nice for Arlen Ness to have a note mentioning that you would need a replacement pin. What did you use?
When I ordered the passenger boards from WitchDoctors they came with a set of Kury bolts and ny-locks and I added locktite.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts