Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, new here and just got my first Victory, 2016 XC, about the problem:

When I ride it slowly I can feel a very tangible vertical movement like I'm riding on an uneven rоad with a light sequential bulges and recesses. No oiling on the forks, so I don't know from where to start. Should I first service the forks? Could it be a bearing or something?

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated since we don't have an official dealer here and I have to rely on 3rd party service, but they don't have much experience with Victory.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks!
Hm, I dont know, I replaced the tires with brand new as soon as I got it and the tire guy didn't said anything about a bent rim.

·
Registered
88 Posts
Check your bearings. Simple check, as long as you can get the front wheel off the ground. Not covered in the video below, but also check your front wheel bearing. spin the wheel and see if it binds on it's way around. also check for side to side play.

·
Registered
1,647 Posts
Sounds like a bent rim or a bad tire. Get the front wheel off the ground and spin it. Hold something like the metal end of a screwdriver very close to the rim on one side and keep it unmoving. See if the distance from rim to screwdriver tip changes as the rim spins. Repeat for the other side of the rim and then do this for the tire.

·
Registered
53 Posts
If none of these other suggestions work out, you might want to check the steering bearing and the oil in the forks. The bearing may need to be lubricated and torqued and the oil may be contaminated. I know it is only a 2016 but that is now about 4 years ago.

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
1,663 Posts
If not a bearing, it may be your brake/rotor dragging at a spot on each revolution of the wheel - bent rotor, caliper stuck, etc.
Ding ding ding. One side sticking happened to me that felt scary at low speed.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts