Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Wondering if any of you mechanical types know what this part is for: Victory 1203581 - Asm., Tube, IAC Complete : Don Wood Victory? (Not really sure what an Idle Air Control is for)

The rubber hose that attaches to the rear throttle body is showing signs of dry rot, and wondering how important it would be to get it replaced. Part is about $50 delivered and around $100 labor to install.

Thanks!

·
Registered
1,292 Posts
the three hard plastic lines running between the rubber hose ends on either end of that assembly should last for freaking ever, but I'm not surprised the rubber has got a bit icky. Mine doesn't look great either, since I had mine pulled out just recently to install an idle air valve.

The assembly is a three-those unit runs from the idle air controller, located beneath the right engine side cover, to both sides of the intake assembly beneath the left side cover, as well as a breather opening in underside of the air box, which is in the bottom up the upper frame assembly. the IAC opens to squirt some extra air into the mix at idle.

I don't think there's any need to replace the entire assembly at all, and doing the work yourself requires correct tools and a little patience (I have more of the former than the latter). You could, without too much hassle, pull the thing, go to a hardware or auto parts store, and match up the rubber vacuum fittings because that's all they really are. It's got dark here, but I might could get you some pics tomorrow if ya want.

You'll need a 6mm Allen, and some shorties or ball-ends will really help. Those, and patience.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts