Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ladies and Gentlemen,

Looking for some knowledge/advice. I purchased "Sally" a few months ago as is. I really want to know what brand and/or type of exhaust is installed on her, but there are NO markings anywhere. Obviously they're not stock pipes, and she has an installed Lloyd's VFC installed.

I could say that the first person to "name those pipes" is the winner, but I fear that everyone here who knows wayyy more about exhausts than I do will call me a noob and spell it out for me.

Thanks again for all your help!

V/R,
Chief

Attachments

·
Registered
207 Posts
Can't help out with the pipes, but that's a nice looking bike.

·
Registered
37 Posts
not sure I have Bassani exhaust on my gunner, they are straight pipes I think the bassani curve has more of a curve in them.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Need Help With My Exhaust.

They are LOUD exhausts.

You might be able to match them visually @ WitchDoctors.com or VictoryOnly.com, although many exhaust offerings have been discontinued.

Happy I bought my Gunner, hope you enjoy yours.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
So my bike does have a Lloyd's VFC as well. I've played with it a bit, using the instructions on the web. Problem is they're not very descriptive. At the same time when I was messing with it and doing passes in my neighborhood, my a$$hole neighbors called the cops on me. Never once did I go above the speed limit!

·
Premium Member
4,892 Posts
So my bike does have a Lloyd's VFC as well. I've played with it a bit, using the instructions on the web. Problem is they're not very descriptive.
Add to that the limitations of the VFC... No individual cylinder tuning, you are pretty much limited to 3 set-points of idle a little throttle, acceleration, and wide open, and you can only add fuel to the base map (no capability to lean the mixture), no changing the ignition timing or the rev limit. The entire exercise is a compromise.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Its sounding like I bought a POS, according to your description. I am going research on my own to start learning more, but the lack of tools, equipment, and knowledge on my part is limiting.

·
Super Moderator
4,985 Posts
Set green to 3.5 and turn off yellow and red. Acceleration and wide open on a Vic is pig rich. I had a VFCIII and tuned it with an air/fuel gauge and a wide band O2 sensor.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts