Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok guys I have a problem, I just picked up my new Victory billet 21" wheel & tire and my local Victory dealer doesn't have wheel changing equipment. I took it to another bike shop and they where hesitate to do the work because it doesn't have any markings on it for orientation no where on that wheel. So if anyone out their, that has the Victory billet wheel or knows how to determine the correct orientation please help me out. See pic's and tell me which side is left or rt as the wheel would be on the bike. I had them install the tire and I hope it's right you can just barley see the arrow on the tirein the last pic. see pic's.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Looking in my own service manual (2013) regarding billet front wheel assembly, the side with the bolts is located to the left side of the bike (as you are sitting on it) .. So, yes, the direction of tire travel arrows, seem correct..

Sure is one pretty wheel thumb up

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Looking in my own service manual (2013) regarding billet front wheel assembly, the side with the bolts is located to the left side of the bike (as you are sitting on it) .. So, yes, the direction of tire travel arrows, seem correct..

Sure is one pretty wheel thumb up
Thanks Mark
The shop I went to wasn't a Victory shop, so they had no info on how to determine the orientation of the rim it self! So to be clear, in the third pic that is the left side when orientated to the bike?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Looks like the dot on the tire is about 90 degrees off from where it's supposed to be lined up with the valve stem-must have been a rookie that mounted the tire?

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Looks like the dot on the tire is about 90 degrees off from where it's supposed to be lined up with the valve stem-must have been a rookie that mounted the tire?
How important is that, to have the dot line up with the valve stem? I'm not trying to be funny, I'm asking cause I don't know and if it's for a safety reason our for alignment purpose I'll take it back and have them correct it.

Thanks

·
Registered
361 Posts
It's a balance thing-probably not a big deal. It just shows a lack of attention to detail on the tire tech's part.

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's a balance thing-probably not a big deal. It just shows a lack of attention to detail on the tire tech's part.
Okay very informative I learned something today, Thanks

·
Registered
347 Posts
Thanks Mark
The shop I went to wasn't a Victory shop, so they had no info on how to determine the orientation of the rim it self! So to be clear, in the third pic that is the left side when orientated to the bike?
It looks like I have that right.. Again this is from my 2013 Service Manual - See Diagram Below cheers

·
13,263 Posts
Some tire have dots some tires don't.
The dot is a starting point to put by valve stem. Then you spin balance tire to find heavy spot. Now you break the bead on the tire and move the dot to where the heavy spot is.
Wheels don't have a direction to them like a tire does. BUT once you do run it always keep the right side on the right cause that's the way the wheel bearing have seated in

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It looks like I have that right.. Again this is from my 2013 Service Manual - See Diagram Below cheers

Thanks again I'm confident now.cheers

·
Registered
374 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Some tire have dots some tires don't.
The dot is a starting point to put by valve stem. Then you spin balance tire to find heavy spot. Now you break the bead on the tire and move the dot to where the heavy spot is.
Wheels don't have a direction to them like a tire does. BUT once you do run it always keep the right side on the right cause that's the way the wheel bearing have seated in
Appreciate the input VJ this was a teachable moment.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts