Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Team
Recently I have been noticing an annoying rattling or clunky sound like clamp rattling intermittently from the rear of the bike. The sound is noticeable when I'm in gear and not much in neutral. I noticed the noise changes with the speed of the bike, at slower speed the sound is more noticeable and is not noticeable as the bikes speed increases.

Need your help in determine what it could be.

Eddie

·
Registered
471 Posts
Anything loose in your saddlebags? I keep everything in "soft" bags while they are in the saddlebags to keep it from rattling except my EZ pass which makes a racket in there

·
Premium Member
234 Posts
Check the bolts to your bag/fender brackets. The center bolt on mine was loose and made a horrible vibration sound. I didn't discover it till I was washing my rear wheel and pulled on the passenger grip and it had play in it.

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
Forgot to mention it's 2012 vegas ball.
Do you have side cases? It would help us to help you if you would take a couple minutes to complete your profile and a signature. How about it? :angel

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
It's got only 2000miles, could possibly be rear pulley bolt, can it be driven like this 50miles or so to workshop. Also does belt need readjustment or the bolt can just be tighteed

·
Premium Member
13,707 Posts
Yes. Definitely tighten any bolt on the pulley that may be loose and yes; the belt can be readjusted so the belt stops chirping if that's what it is.

I'm having trouble with my XC right now on this very issue. I think the belt may be riding against the case at the front pulley. Belt chirp is a quirk with Victory's. Some models more than others.

Your belt may just be too tight. That'll make it squeal too. It may have had some wax or soap on the side of the belt that wore off. Did you buy it new? Is it under warranty?

·
Premium Member
6,215 Posts
I would like to know if "fak005" found the problem ???

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Not really, I checked the pulley and belt and it all looks good. I forgot to mention, I had the clutch lever tightened during my oil change service as it rattling a little bit. Not sure if that will have anything to do with the noise.

It's a slight noise that you hear around 1500rpm especially when you start in 1st gear

·
Registered
12,320 Posts
What was done to tighten the lever? New bushing? Is the cable adjusted correctly, with a bit of slack?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts