Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have a 2014 vegas 8ball with the 106 in it.. about a year ago my rear brake just stopped working. It worked absolutely fine when I took the bike out and 2 hours later it stopped completely...no loss of brake power like it had leaked just total loss.

Parked it in the garage and it sat for the year.

Last week I removed my straight pipes to repaint them and I noticed a plastic line had been completely melted through from the heat caused by the pipes. The plastic line was connected to my brake controls.
Is this some sort of booster line or a vacuum thats causing my brake to not work?

Also what is the replacement part for this?

And is it possible instead to fabricate a metal tube instead so it doesn't happen again? I ask this because as it is now the two ends of the hard plastic tube are crimped into rubber ends one in the front by the controls and again in the rear where the frame ends

·
Premium Member
8,961 Posts
Sounds by your description it could be the line from the brake fluid reservoir the the rear brake master cylinder

·
Registered
1,136 Posts
If it is a threaded fitting you should be able to get a braided type line to replace it with.. Maybe you could fab up a heat shield for it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts