Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a custom 2013 Hammer 8 Ball with just the single chrome speedomoter gauge (Now painted black), no tach or other gauges and would like to replace the bezel with a custom brass bezel (Final step on this build) but it feels like it will break if I pull too hard and I really need to get it off intact w/o breaking it OR the glass so I can have a machinist buddy make one for me. So glad he's my buddy or I probably couldnt afford it because I spent all my money (That the wife knows about abywat) on all the other parts.
If you ever done it yourself, seen it done, heard about it, thought about it, dreamed or had a nightmare about it please share the secret cause it been a real sore spot..

VERY GRATEFUL FOR YOUR RESPONSE!!!

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I have a custom 2013 Hammer 8 Ball with just the single chrome speedomoter gauge (Now painted black), no tach or other gauges and would like to replace the bezel with a custom brass bezel (Final step on this build) but it feels like it will break if I pull too hard and I really need to get it off intact w/o breaking it OR the glass so I can have a machinist buddy make one for me. So glad he's my buddy or I probably couldnt afford it because I spent all my money (That the wife knows about abywat) on all the other parts.
If you ever done it yourself, seen it done, heard about it, thought about it, dreamed or had a nightmare about it please share the secret cause it been a real sore spot..

VERY GRATEFUL FOR YOUR RESPONSE!!!
OK, on the single gauge speedometer w/o tachometer, the bezel just pries off. There was no glue or other holding it in place. The glass stayed in place as well and did not come off with bezel. I heated it up thinking there was glue but it probably helped to pry it off a little easier, warm plastic good, cold plastic bad

·
Registered
2012 Victory Cross Country Tour, Indianapolis
2,770 Posts
Heat probably did the trick I can only find old threads where they painted it on bike instead of removing because no one could remove it.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts