Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
XR fairing audio installation instructions

So I installed the fairing audio kit. It connects to the bike wiring with a big 8 pin connector, and 1 male quick disconnect. It has a 2nd wire if you need power for the heated grips, as you are using that power wire to connect the audio kit. Here is a picture of the 2 wires.

100_1536.jpg

·
Registered
238 Posts
I think that the fairing plug is somewhat of a Vic universal set up and that's why both the male/female ends are on the plug. You're not the first person I've seen ask this exact question either, me being one of the others.

Now this is going strictly off of memory, but from what I remember there was a small, square black plug in the headlight the has a female spade connector inside of it. It's pretty easy to miss, but it's in there. That is what I plugged the male connector of mine into, and then I taped up the connection for good measure. See the attached picture, should help clear it up.

Attachments

·
Registered
166 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
I think that the fairing plug is somewhat of a Vic universal set up and that's why both the male/female ends are on the plug. You're not the first person I've seen ask this exact question either, me being one of the others.

Now this is going strictly off of memory, but from what I remember there was a small, square black plug in the headlight the has a female spade connector inside of it. It's pretty easy to miss, but it's in there. That is what I plugged the male connector of mine into, and then I taped up the connection for good measure. See the attached picture, should help clear it up.
Thanks for the info, think I figured it out. Because the black female connector from the bike is for the heated grips, and you're using it for the audio, I believe the female connector coming from the audio harness is a return power feed in case you still need power for the heated grips.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts