Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
611 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok seriously, I love m XR but it's more than slightly overweight compared to the rest of my stable (which maxes out at 450lbs fully wetted). The ramps I have that I've been using for years are ox-lite aluminum folding runners. They work perfect for all my other bikes but I didn't know (because I bought them used) that they are only rated for 500lbs each. Loaded and unloaded the vic last weekend with them and was TERRIFIED by how much the flexed (not surprising given I was over their rating by 110%). So those ramps are being sold off asap and replaced with something that can handle the weight. Looking for some suggestions from those of you that have or have used something and like it.

Here's my must haves:
Runner style ramps (12-20" max width)
Lengthwise folding
minimum 7.5' extended length
1k lbs rating per ramp

And my preferred's
aluminum
arched (not straight)
1500lbs per ramp rating
sub $200

·
Registered
2,246 Posts
this one:
They make them in a few different lengths. The price is more than you want to pay of course.
Works great if your trailer isn't so high that you need a curved ramp to avoid bottoming out as you transition from inclined to flat.

My trailer is very low so I use a 4 ft one of these.
You can't buy the aluminium to build it, for what it costs to buy it made.
These are well made.

The hinge is in the middle so you will mostly be driving a little to one side or the other or right over them. That's a little annoying but the benefit is they are plenty strong, not overly heavy, plenty wide and set up take down is fast.

·
Registered
131 Posts
I bought a Trition trifold back in 2002. It was way over rated for me on my Sportsman 500 and it has a track where a sheet of plywood can be laid over it. They are heavy, slightly expensive and have been used a lot for many years. Ramps are not something to scrimp on.

I highly recommend the Triton trifolds.

·
12,983 Posts
Remember if you have a lowered bike put a 2x4 under ramp so you don't catch the bottom of the bike

·
Registered
2,246 Posts

·
Registered
636 Posts
Pig of a bike? Ouch.,

·
Registered
209 Posts
my last 450 lb. bike was 30 years ago

·
Registered
1,397 Posts
good ramp

i got the black widow alum 3 pc folding ramp, lots of other uses beside the bike. bolted together its plenty wide or use individually. folded easily fits in my 08 colorado 6 ft box

1 - 11 of 11 Posts