Victory Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone, I need some help with my radio in my bike. When riding the bike and listening to the iPod, the radio will periodically switch from AUX to iPod. I took it to the dealer and they tried a radio that was sent right from radio sound inc to the dealer but it did not work. It was also manufactured in 2011, the radio in the bike was manufactured in 2012. I rang out the wiring harness and its serviceable and I received a new iPod connector from the dealer and still have the problem of radio switching. If anyone who has a 2014 or 2015 XC, can you check your radio for me under the fairing. The part number of the radio is 2411677 and the manufactures date is listed right underneath that. If anyone has had this issue what was the fix? Radio replaced? do the radios require a certain file format on the iPod? Any and all info is greatly appreciated.

·
13,262 Posts
do you have the 30 pin ipod connector. Is your radio on AUX and then it loose the ipod connection. I have read where some ipods will not work with the radio. Some ipods will lock up and if they do there junk
they say 3rd generation and the 5th one are the best if I remember correctly

·
Premium Member
9,684 Posts
If I stop for gas or shut my bike off for a minute or two , when I start it back up my Ipod doesn't work and it switches to aux , pisses me off , I have to dig the Ipod out of my bag , unplug it and plug it back in to work , its BULLSHIT !!!!!!:mad:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it is the 30 pin connector, sometimes if I switch it to FM and listen to that for a bit and switch it back it sometimes works

·
Registered
11 Posts
I had a similar issue with mine. Ipod would play through AUX mode and not ipod mode. I was unable to control the ipod from the handlebar controls either. After chasing wires for half a day I plugged my son's ipod into it and it worked fine. Turns out I have a bad pin in my ipod.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts